當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 傳遞下去,就是最好的報答大綱

傳遞下去,就是最好的報答大綱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.45W 次

"Stocking up for Winter?",
囤貨過冬?
said the cashier with a smile.
收銀員面帶微笑的問我
She was looking at my shopping cart
她正看着我的購物車
which was full of toaster pastries
裏面裝滿了做吐司用的麪粉
and big boxes of cereal.
還有大盒大盒的燕麥片
I knew that question was coming.
我已然猜到她會這樣問我
A little earlier
早一點的時候
I had stopped into the local food pantry
我去了一趟當地的社會福利食堂
to see if there was any small thing that I might contribute.
想要看看,自己能否做出貢獻,做一點小小的事情
The shelves held canned vegetables,
食品架上有罐裝的蔬菜
canned tuna fish,
還有金槍魚罐頭
boxes of macaroni and cheese,
幾盒通心粉和奶酪
and many other things.
以及許多其他的東西
They were short of breakfast foods, though,
不過,早餐的食物供應不足
so I thought I would give what I could.
於是我想,我會奉獻出自己所能的力量
I walked into a local store
我走進當地的超市
and started to fill my cart with Pop Tarts
在購物車裏裝滿了果塔餅乾
and boxes of Cherrios, and Corn Flakes.
玉米片和玉米麥片
I remembered loving them all for breakfast
我記得自己曾經喜歡所有這些早餐的食物
when I was a hungry, little boy growing up
當我還是一個飢腸轆轆的小男孩,期盼着長大的時候
and I hoped
我希望
what I bought might feed a few hungry, little bellies today.
今天我買的東西也能餵飽那些餓着肚子的小朋友
I smiled back at the cashier
我回給她一個微笑
and said,
並且說到
"It's for the food pantry."
這是爲福利食堂買的
I usually tried to get out of the store without mentioning it,
往常,我總會默默的走出超市
because an anonymous act of kindness is the best kind.
因爲不留名的善舉纔是最好的
I didn't want any recognition or praise for what I did.
我不希望因爲自己的舉動得到大張旗鼓的嘉獎
I had needed to use the food pantries myself
曾經我自己也吃過福利食堂的飯
when I was an unemployed
那時我找不到工作
and struggling young father
初爲人父,苦苦掙扎
with a family to feed.
還有一家人要養活
And it felt so right
現在我感到多麼幸福
to complete this circle of love
完成了這個愛的環路
and give back to others in need.
回饋愛心給那些有需要的人
I knew too that
我也知道
I was doing what my destiny wanted me to do
我所做的,是我命中註定應該做的事
and that is the only reward any of us ever needs.
知道這一點,是所有人需要的唯一的回饋
Love fills the universe.
宇宙中充斥着愛
It is in every human heart.
它存在於每個人的心中
It is in every act of kindness no matter how small.
愛存在於每一個善舉之中,無論這善舉多麼微不足道
It is a glorious tapestry
這是一個光輝的整體
of which we all are a part.
每個人都是其中的一部分
It is so big that it is beyond comprehension.
它如此浩瀚,超出我們的認知
Still, we are all required to take our place in that tapestry.
但無論如何,我們都被要求成爲這個整體的一部分
we are all required to step into the circle of love that never ends.
我們都被要求踏入這永不枯竭的愛的河流之中
we are all required to give, to care, and to share.
我們都被要求去給予,去關懷,去分享
Take your place in the tapestry then.
所以,投入這個生命的整體吧
Be kind.
做善良的人
Be loving.
做充滿愛心的人
Help others every chance you can.
只要有機會,就去幫助別人
Become part of something big
成爲大整體的一部分
while doing something small.
同時做微小的善事

傳遞下去,就是最好的報答