當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:昨天,我的父親走了

雙語美文:昨天,我的父親走了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.36W 次

My dad passed away yesterday

雙語美文:昨天,我的父親走了

父親昨天去世了

 

and I am processing everything.

我正在料理後事


His illness was really terrible for a long time

他一直病得很重,時間拖了很久

 

so even though we knew it was coming, I'm still in shock.

所以,雖然我們明白這一天總會到來,我還是感到震驚

 

It's hard to try and find positivity in my pain,

此刻我感到無比痛苦,很難找到積極的想法


but my Dad taught me so much when he was healthy, and when he wasn't.

不過,父親健在時曾教過我很多東西,病倒後亦是如此


I wanted to share some of the lessons,

我想分享一些父親教過我的東西


because he deserves to remembered for what he taught me, in sickness & in health.

因爲他值得被人們記住,爲他所教我的那些道理,無論是他健康還是患病的時候


Humans have SO much strength . 

人類是如此強大


Really, we can handle more than we ever thought possible.

真的,我們能應付的事情遠遠超乎我們自己的想象


It's okay to cry your eyes out.

放聲哭吧,沒事


It's okay to not understand the reason for everything.

如果有些事讓你感到不能理解,沒有關係

This is a biggie for me because I'm a seaker for meanings but right now, I just feel sad and that's okay.

對我來說這是一個難題,因爲我總在尋求生活的意義,我感到沮喪,但沒有關係


Be on my phone less. 

少花些時間玩手機


This one seems weird——

你可能覺得這有些奇怪 


but in his final moments I was all in,

可是在父親彌留之際,我所有的注意力都在他身上

 

no checking my phone because it really didn't matter.

我不再看手機,因爲手機已經不重要了


All that mattered was him.

重要的只有父親


This was a moment I needed to remember

這一刻值得我銘記

 

and I would've regretted it if I was distracted in this part of his journey.

如果在他生命的最後一程,我還不能專心陪伴他,我一定會懊悔不已


Surround yourself with a support system. 

在你的周圍建築一個支持系統


Sometimes we need people to lean on.

有時候我們需要有人可以依靠


Ask for help when you need it.

在你需要的時候可以尋求幫助


My mom and dad needed a lot of help.

我的父母曾經需要很多幫助


I needed a lot of help.

我也需要很多幫助


We were surrounded by people willing to help us

我們都被願意幫助我們的人包圍着

 

and instead of shutting them out like we've done in the past,

過去我們常常緊閉心扉,將這些人排斥在外

 

we let them in and it was exactly what we needed.

與之相反,現在我們要對這些人敞開懷抱,這正是我們所需要的


Not everyone will understand your experience and that's okay.

不是所有人都能明白你經歷了什麼,但沒關係 


This was a long and hard journey for my mom and I

對於母親和我來說,向父親告別,是一個漫長而痛苦的旅程 


and all of those who care about us and my Dad.

對那些關心我們,關心父親的所有人亦是如此


Just knowing people are here for us means a lot,

有人陪伴着我們,知道這一點對於我們來說意義重大


but I also know that no one will fully understand my experience

但我知道,沒有人能與我完全感同身受

 

and that's okay as we are all different.

但這沒關心,我們每個人都是不同的


Family is not necessarily the people who brought you into this world.

所謂親人,並不一定是那些把你帶到這個世界上來的人 


I am adopted and I know we chose each other.

我是被領養的,我知道,父母選擇了我,而我也選擇了他們

 

And he loved me more than anyone on this Earth.

我們對彼此的愛超過了對地球上任何一個人


There's nothing more important than being with the ones you love. 

沒什麼比跟你所愛的人在一起更重要

I was struggling deciding whether to come down to the city or not.

曾經我萬分猶豫,不知道自己是否應該來這個小城定居


My mom told me it was my choice,

母親告訴我,選擇權在我自己身上


and then i realized there's no where else I'm supposed to be.

這時我才意識到,我註定呆在這裏,而不是任何其他的地方

 

I was able to hold my Dad when he took his last breath,

正因此,我才得以在父親呼吸最後一口空氣的時候,緊緊抓住他的手

 

and although it was the hardest thing I've ever done so far,

雖然這是我有生以來做過的最艱難的事


I am FOREVER grateful I was there for him at this time.

但我永遠心懷感恩,此刻我能在這裏陪伴他

 

My job has its biggest fundraiser of the year tomorrow and I don't care,

明天公司將迎來本年度最大的投資商,而我卻已毫不在意


jobs come and go,

工作沒了可以再找

 

but this will be with me forever and always.

但與父親在一起的回憶將永遠,並且總是陪伴着我 


I have no regrets.

我毫無遺憾

 

My mom and I made sure that my Dad knew he was loved through this journey.

與父親告別的漫長旅途中,我和母親都竭力讓父親明白,我們愛着他


We love him so much and know he loves us more than anything

我們如此愛他,而他對我們的愛也超過任何其他東西


and just knowing that gives me great peace .

想到這一點,我內心感到無比安寧


Love is the best thing we can ever do,

愛是我們所能付出的最好的禮物


and love is what truly matters.

愛是真正有價值的寶藏 


Everything else is secondary .

其他任何東西都要退居其後。