當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 心靈雞湯:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself

心靈雞湯:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.87W 次

心靈雞湯:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself

There was once a farmer who had a fine olive orchard. He was very hardworking, and the farm always prospered under his care. But he knew that his three sons despised he farm work, and were eager to make wealth, through adventure.

從前有一個農民,他有一座漂亮的橄欖園。他非常勤勞,而且農場在他的照管下蒸蒸日上。可他知道自己的三個兒子瞧不起農活,都迫不及待的想通過冒險發家致富。

When the farmer was old, and felt that his time had come to die, he called the three sons to him and said, “My sons, there is a pot of gold hidden in the olive orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it.” The sons tried to get him to tell them in what part of the orchard the gold was hidden; but he would tell them nothing more. After the farmer was dead, the sons went to work to find the pot of gold; since they did not know where the hiding-place was, they agreed to begin in a line, at one end of the orchard, and to dig until one of them should find the money.

這個農民上了年歲,感到死期快要來臨時,將三個兒子叫到身邊 說:兒子們,橄欖園裏藏有一罐金子。你們想要,就去挖吧。兒子們想讓父親告訴他們金子藏在果園的那一塊地方,可他什麼也沒再給他們說。那個農民死後,三個兒子就開始挖地,想找到那罐金子;因爲他們不知道金子藏在什麼地方,

所以他們一致同意排成一行從果園的一頭開始挖起,直到其中一人挖到金子爲止

心靈雞湯:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself 第2張

They dug until they had turned up the soil from one end of the orchard to the other, round the tree-roots and between them. But no pot of gold was to be found. It seemed as if someone must have stolen it, or as if the farmer had been wandering in his wits. The three sons were bitterly disappointed to have all their work for nothing. The next olive season, the olive trees in the orchard bore more fruit than they had ever given; when it was sold, it gave the sons a whole pot of gold.

他們挖啊挖,從果園的一頭一直挖到了另一頭,果樹周圍和果樹之間也都挖到了,可還是沒有找到那罐金子。看來一定是有人已經把那罐金子頭拿走了, 要麼就是他們的父親一直在異想天開。三個兒子對他們白乾了一場,感到大失所望。到了第二年的橄欖季節,果園裏的橄欖樹接出的果子比以往的都多;賣完果子後,三個兒子賺了整整一罐金子。

And when they saw how much money had come from the orchard, they suddenly understood what the wise father had meant when he said, “There is gold hidden in the orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it.”

他們從果園裏得到這麼多錢後,突然明白了聰明的父親所說的果園裏藏有金子,想要就去挖吧,這句話的含義。

推薦閱讀

  • 1第164課:When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great?
  • 2act of knowingly using forged,mutilated or disused instruments是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 3心靈雞湯
  • 4第119課:If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
  • 5心靈雞湯550字
  • 6心靈毒雞湯
  • 7carburettor with fuel supply parts opened and closed in synchronism with engine stroke是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解
  • 8第198課:Will you be taking care of your parents when they grow old?
  • 9寫給自己的心靈雞湯
  • 10certificate of pensions for the wounded and disabled revolutionary armymen是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 11Accounting Forum (Baruch College of the City University of New York)是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 12development zones for industries using high and new technology是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 13第98課:What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
  • 14(should not) weaken public ownership (on account of developing commodity economy)是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 15amplifying the perfomance degree of the reforms and opening to the outside world是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 16心靈雞湯:生命的故事 Story of Life
  • 17auxiliary devices for loadling movements of loads suspended from hoisting gear是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 18combustion engine with exhaust gas (waste gas) for sucking combustion residues from cylinders是什麼意思、英
  • 19人要相信自己-心靈雞湯
  • 20第134課:As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?