當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文美文著述 > 英語佳作欣賞

英語佳作欣賞

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.95W 次

  控制你的情緒

英語佳作欣賞

You must control and direct your emotions not abolish them. Besides, abolition would be antimissile task. Emotions are like a river. Their power can be dammed up and released under control and direction, but is cannot be held forever in check. Sooner or later the dam will burst, unleashing catastrophic destruction.

你必須控制並導引你的情緒而非摧毀它,況且摧毀情緒是一件不可能的事情。情緒就像河流一樣,你可以築一道堤 防把它擋起來,並在控制和導引之下排放它,但卻不能永遠抑制它,否則那道堤防遲早會崩潰,並造成大災難。

Your negative emotions can also be controlled and directed. PMA and self-discipline can remove their harmful effects and make them serve constructive purposes. Sometimes fear and anger will inspire intense action. But you must always submit your negative emotions--and you positive ones--to the examination of your reason before releasing them. Emotion without reason is a dreadful enemy.

你的消極心態同樣也可被控制和導引,積極心態和自律 可去除其中有害的部分,而使這些消極心態能爲目標貢獻力 量。有的時候恐懼和生氣會激發出更徹底的行動,但是在你釋放消極情緒(以及積極情緒)之前務必要讓你的理性爲它們做一番檢驗,缺乏理性的情緒必然是一位可怕的敵人。

What faculty provides the crucial balance between emotions and reason? It is your willpower, or ego, asubject which will be explored in more detail below. Self-discipline will teach you to throw your willpower behind either reason or emotion and amplify the intensity of their expression.

是什麼力量使得情緒和理性之間能夠達到平衡呢?是意志力或自尊心(我將在以下做更詳細的說明)。自律會教導你的意志力作爲理性和情緒的後盾,並強化二者的表現強度。

Both your heart and your mind need a master, and they can find the master in your ego. However, your ego will fill their role only if you use self-discipline. In the absence of self-discipline, your mind and heart will fight their battles as they please. In this situation the person within whose mind the fight is carried out often gets badly hurt.

你的感情和理智都需要一位主宰,而在你的自尊心裏就可發現這個主宰,然而只有你在發揮你的自律精神時,自尊心纔會扮演好這個角色,如果沒有了自律,你的理智和感情便會隨心所欲地進行戰爭,戰爭結果當然是你會受到嚴重的傷害。

Love me little, Love me long

愛我少一點,愛我久一點

Is the burden of my song? 我歌唱永恆的愛情

Love that is too hot and strong 如果愛得太炙熱

Burneth soon to waste. 它將很快燃燒成灰燼

Still, I would not have thee cold 但也不要對我冰冷

Not too backward ,nor too bold 不要愛得太羞怯,也不要愛得太狂熱

Love that lasteth till its old 不要讓愛的花朵那麼快就凋謝

Fadeth not in haste. 我要你愛我 一直到老

Love me little ,Love me long 愛我少一點,愛我久一點

Is the burden of my song. 我歌唱永恆的愛情

If thou love me too much, 如果愛我太多

It will not prove me as true as totlch; 它不可能像金石那樣永恆

Love me little ,more than such, 愛我少一點我更願意

For I fear the end. 只因我怕愛會失去

I am with little well content, 一點兒我就感到幸福

And a little from thee sent 一點兒就會讓我滿意

Is enough, with true intent 只要你是真心真

To be steadfast friend. 我們的愛 至死不渝