當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 重要的不是車,而是駕駛室裏的人

重要的不是車,而是駕駛室裏的人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.48W 次

I woke up in a bad mood this morning.
今天早上我起牀時情緒不佳
I'd had a fitful night's sleep
昨晚我睡得斷斷續續
and my bad back was sorer and tighter than ever.
我的背比任何時候都痠痛僵硬
My shoulder was starting to feel just as sore too.
我的肩膀也同樣開始疼起來
I tried to stretch them out
我試着伸展肩膀
to no avail
卻無法完成這個動作
and stumbled into the bathroom.
歪歪扭扭的走到浴室裏
I looked in the mirror
我看着鏡子
and saw the pain on my face.
看到自己臉上寫滿了痛苦
I certainly wasn't looking any younger either.
當然,我也看上去更加蒼老了
My hair was now mostly gray
我的頭髮如今差不多全白了
and mostly gone on top.
頂上都快禿了
I was getting more and more age spots on my face.
我臉上的老年斑越來越多
My wrinkles were deeper than ever.
我的皺紋也從沒有這樣深過
The enamel was worn out on my teeth.
我的陶瓷牙在慢慢褪去
I'd recently had to get a stronger pair of glasses.
最近我還得去配一副度數更高的老化眼鏡
My skin was thinner.
我的皮膚也越來越薄
My toenails were thicker.
指甲越來越厚
I griped to myself about it all.
我把這些統統用在對自己發牢騷上了
"Why do our bodies start to wear out
爲什麼我們的身體會開始衰老
just when we finally learn how to live?"
恰恰在我們剛剛學會應該如何生活的時候
I asked.
我問自己
Life in its infinite patience and unconditional love answered me quite quickly.
生活以它無限的耐心和無條件的愛很快就回答了我的問題
Suddenly,
突然
I felt this thought drop into my mind,
我感到一個想法落入心間
"The car you drive isn't as important as the person behind the wheel!"
“你開着怎樣的車並不像駕駛室裏的人那樣重要!”
I smiled at that
我聽了會心一笑
because I'd had so many old, used cars in my life.
因爲在我的生活中,我曾有過許多老舊,不聽使喚的車
They all had "personality".
它們都很有“個性”
They all had quirks, troubles, and problems.
它們都有怪癖,有自己的困難和問題
They all required patience and repair.
它們都需要耐心和維修
But they always got me where I was going.
但它們總能把我帶到我要去的地方
Now that
現在
my body was starting to wear down,
我的身體也開始衰落
rattle,
生鏽
and backfire
回火
Life was reminding me that
但生活正提醒我
I wasn't that body.
這身體並不是我的全部
I was the driver inside of it.
我是它內部的駕駛員
I was the bright, shining soul within.
我是它內部智慧,閃光的靈魂
I was the spirit
我是那股精神
that was both ageless and eternal.
永葆青春,永遠存在
And while my car wasn't going to last forever,
儘管身體這輛舊車不會永遠存在
the driver was.
駕駛員卻可以
Take good care of this body you drive around then.
所以,請好好保養你代步的這輛“車”吧
Nurture it.
滋養它
Keep it in good repair.
定期維護讓它狀態良好
Make it last as long as you can.
盡力讓它維持的久一些
But always remember it isn't you.
但始終記住,它並不是全部的 “你”
You are the person behind the wheel.
你是駕駛室裏的那個駕駛員
You are the loving soul within.
你是內部那個心懷愛意的靈魂

重要的不是車,而是駕駛室裏的人