當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 他讓我的每一天充滿驚喜

他讓我的每一天充滿驚喜

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.69W 次

I awoke one morning this week,
這周的一個早晨,我起牀時感覺身體不適
feeling sore and tired,
我四肢痠痛,疲累不堪
after a week and a half of battling caterpillars
因爲整整一週半的時間,我都在跟毛毛蟲較量
that were trying to destroy our beautiful trees.
以免他們毀壞我家院子中美麗的小樹
Hours spent spraying the trees
我連續幾個小時爲樹木噴灑農藥
and then rinsing them afterwards,
然後把農藥用水沖掉
began to take it's toll on my spirits and my muscles.
現在,我的精神和肌肉都開始爲這份苦力付出代價了
This particular morning,
這個早晨
I had decided that the caterpillars could not be vanquished ,
我已經斷定,毛毛蟲是殺不完的
until I noticed this chalkboard message
忽然,我注意到黑板上有一條留言
from my precious husband of 47 years.
來自我相濡以沫了47年的珍愛的丈夫
The message said,
這則留言說到
" I heard the caterpillars talking last night,
昨晚我聽到毛毛蟲相互交談
3:30 a.m.
凌晨3點半的時候
They are almost ready to surrender.
他們差不多準備投降了
So keep up the good work."
所以,請繼續加油吧
I turned the blackboard over
我把黑板翻過來,
and the message continued.
留言繼續着
It said, "You are a brave Warrior.
它說到,“你是一個勇敢的勇士”
Down with them."
滅了他們
I didn't think that I could love my husband more than I do now,
此時此刻,我覺得自己給他的愛意已經無可附加了
as he is always leaving me wonderful messages of love and support.
他總會給我留下這樣詼諧的留言,表達他的愛意和支持
I guess that the heart is always growing.
我想,人的心靈總是在成長的。
With soap spray in hand,
我手中拿着噴壺
I proceeded to battle the invaders for another day.
我向前邁進,展開又一天與花園入侵者的搏鬥
Then caterpillars are now gone
現在,毛毛蟲都被解決了
and my trees are saved,
我的小樹苗得救了
except for the odd falling leaves,
除了幾片零星的落葉,一起恢復了原狀
which will grow back next summer
等到明年夏天,這些葉子就會再長回去
and it's all thanks to the cherished note from a man
這些都要歸功於一個男人給我的留言條,我十分珍愛的留言條
who is an amazing husband, father and grandfather.
他是一個好丈夫,也是好父親,好祖父。

他讓我的每一天充滿驚喜