當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 每日英語口語 > 英協視頻:如何理解UK和Great Britain的區別

英協視頻:如何理解UK和Great Britain的區別

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.15W 次

英協視頻:如何理解UK和Great Britain的區別

How to understand the difference between the UK and Great Britain
如何理解UK和Great Britain的區別

So where are you from?
你是哪裏人?

Scotland. Are you Scottish too?
蘇格蘭人。你也是蘇格蘭人?

Well no, I’m English actually, but… you know… it’s all like the same thing, isn’t it?
不是,我實際上是英國人,但是……這好像是一回事,對不對?

Not exactly.
不完全是。

Go on! Isn’t Scotland just like well, a bit of England?
爲什麼呀!蘇格蘭不就是英格蘭的一部分嗎?

No, it is not!
不,它不是!

Sorry, Britain I mean.
抱歉,我的意思是不列顛。

“Britain” is not “England”!
“不列顛”不等於“英格蘭”!

Well yeah… I know that, I’m not stupid or anything… but Britain’s like, England, Scotland and Wales, isn’t it?
好吧,是這樣……這個我知道,我又不傻……可不列顛不就等於英格蘭、蘇格蘭和威爾士加在一起嗎,不對嗎?

Not exactly.
不完全是。

Yeah, it is; the UK, the United Kingdom.
怎麼不是。UK不就是代表聯合王國嘛。

The United Kingdom is “Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland”.
聯合王國是指“蘇格蘭、英格蘭、威爾士和北愛爾蘭”。

Oh I see, but we’re all like the same nation, aren’t we?
恩,我知道了。但我們屬於同一個民族,這回沒錯了吧?

Not really. Four nations, one state.
不完全對。其實是四個民族,一個國家。

Oh, I get it! So the UK (is) like the same as Great Britain...
噢,我懂了!所以聯合王國和大不列顛是一樣的……

Great Britain is a geographical term – it’s a big island with Scotland, England, and Wales on it.
大不列顛是一個地理概念——是一個大島嶼,蘇格蘭、英格蘭和威爾士都位於這個島上。

All right, but we all have the same prime minister, don’t we?
好吧,但我們的首相都一樣,對不對?

Yes, and the same head of state.
是的,我們的國家元首也是同一個。

The Queen!
女王!

Exactly.
沒錯。

And the same government?
政府也一樣?

Well, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own local parliaments.
對,不過蘇格蘭、威爾士和北愛爾蘭有自己的地方議會。

Oh. I see.
哦。我明白了。

It’s complicated.
挺複雜的。

Yeah, I can see that.
沒錯,我也覺得。