當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第152期:Keep One's Eyes Peeled

一分鐘英語 第152期:Keep One's Eyes Peeled

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.75W 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目

This idiom sounds like it might be painful: Keep One's Eyes Peeled

這個習語聽起來很疼:密切注視

What does that mean? Peel you. eyes? Let's find out.

這是什麼意思呢?剝你的眼睛?讓我們看一看。

I'm looking for some new clothes for work.

我在找幾件工作用的新衣服。

I need some coats and ties, but I don't have much money to spend.

我需要外套和領帶,但是我錢不夠。

I think there might be some good sales coming soon.

我覺得很快就有好貨上市了。

I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see anything good for you.

我會幫你留意的,如果有好的,我會告訴你。

一分鐘英語 第152期:Keep One's Eyes Peeled

Keep your eyes peeled, means you are watching carefully for something, or someone.

'Keep your eyes peeled'意思是你會認真的看某人或某事。

You don't want to miss anything.

你不想錯過任何東西。

To peel something means to pull back the outside cover, like peeling an orange.

剝某東西的意思是把外皮拉下來,比如剝一個橘子。

Of course, you are not really peeling back your eyelid, when you keep your eyes peeled.

當然,當你'Keep your eyes peeled'的時候,不是真的剝下你的眼皮。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!