當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第13期:Keep Your Fingers Crossed 祈禱

一分鐘英語 第13期:Keep Your Fingers Crossed 祈禱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.28W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.

一分鐘英語 第13期:Keep Your Fingers Crossed 祈禱

歡迎收聽本期的《一分鐘英語》,在這裏我們將教授您一些美語中的俚語。

What do you think this means? Let's listen.

您知道這個俚語是什麼意思麼?一起來聽聽吧。

Keep my fingers crossed.

保持手指交叉。(Keep my fingers crossed)

Hey, How are you?

嘿,最近怎麼樣?

Hey, I am doing great. Actually, I just had a great job interview the other day.

嘿,我挺好的。事實上,前幾天我參加了一個工作面試。

I really Hope they hire me.

我真希望他們能夠錄取我。

Oh, have you heard back from them?

噢,你收到他們的回覆了麼?

No, not yet.

沒呢,還沒有收到。

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully they'll call me today.

但是我會向老天祈禱的。真希望他們今天就能給我答覆。

They sound very hopeful, and that's exactly what it means.

聽起來是在祈禱的感覺,這就是這個短語的意思。

In American English, keeping your fingers crossed means that you are hoping for the best possible outcome.

在美語中,保持手指交叉(Keep my fingers crossed)的意思是你在祈禱出現最可能的結果。

This is a happy expression, and you can use it in any situation -- formal an informal -- and everybody will understand what you mean.

這真是一個帶有幸福感的表達,可以在任何場合使用正式場合啊、非正式場合都可以——大家都能明白你的意思。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。