當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第113期:Miss the Boat 錯失良機

一分鐘英語 第113期:Miss the Boat 錯失良機

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.25K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

If you arrive too late to a harbor to catch a boat, you can say you "missed the boat."

如果你到達港口太晚,沒有趕上輪船,你就可以說“我錯過了輪船。”

But as an idiom, this phrase is not about transportation. Miss the Boat

但這個短語作爲習語,它和交通並無關聯。錯失良機

ing-bottom: 72.49%;">一分鐘英語 第113期:Miss the Boat 錯失良機

Have you heard back about the pop-up book design program in Miami?

你有沒有聽到邁阿密立體書設計項目的信息呢?

Um, no. Actually, I missed the application deadline.

嗯,沒有。實際上我錯過了申請的最後期限。

What? You would have loved that. You really missed the boat by not applying!

不會吧?你本來是喜歡它的。你因爲沒有申請而錯失良機!

If you "miss the boat", you missed your chance at a good opportunity.

如果你“錯失良機”,你失去了一個不錯的機會。

It can also mean to not understand something.

這個短語還指不理解某事。

For example, you might "miss the boat" on an important English grammar point.

比如,你可能會不理解一個重要的英語語法點。

Anna "missed the boat" when she did not apply for a program she would have enjoyed.

當安娜沒有申請她本來喜歡的項目的時候,她就“錯失良機”了。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!