一分鐘英語 第163期:Boils Down To 歸結爲
Welcome to English in a Minute!
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!Liquid boils when it is heated to a certain temperature. Boils Down To This
液體在加熱到一定溫度時會沸騰。歸結爲。So, Jonathan and Anna are probably tAlking about cooking. Or are they?
所以,喬納森和安娜很有可能正在討論烹飪。是這樣麼?
I got a job offer.
我得到了一個工作機會。That's great. Congratulations!
很棒啊。恭喜你!Thanks. But the job is in California. All my friends and family are here in D.C.
謝謝。但是這個工作是在加利福尼亞。我所有的朋友和家人都在華盛頓這裏。Look, it boils down to this:
你看,這個問題歸結爲:Do you really want to move all the way across the country for a job, or not?
你真的想不遠萬里去工作嗎,還是不想?When you boil something down, you remove liquid from it and reduce it to a concentrated form.
當你熬東西的時候,你要把裏面的液體蒸發掉,然後把它製成濃縮狀態。That's in cooking.
這是在烹飪中的意思。But in conversation, when you boil something down, you get to the most important part of a problem or a situation.
但是在對話中,當你boil something down時,就是說你直指某個問題或者某種狀況最重要的部分。And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!