當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第162期:Fishing for Compliments

一分鐘英語 第162期:Fishing for Compliments

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.19K 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Fishing is a favorite American activity.

釣魚是美國人最愛的活動之一。

So what do you think this American idiom might mean? Fishing for Compliments

所以你覺得這個美語習語會是什麼意思呢?拐彎抹角地謀求恭維

I got my hair cut last night, but I'm not sure how it looks. I feel like it's too short.

我昨晚把我的頭髮剪了,不知道看起來怎樣。我感覺太短了。

Please! You look great... But that's nothing new.

拜託,你看起來很好...就是沒什麼特別的。

Stop fishing for compliments, because you know your hair always looks fantastic!

不要拐彎抹角地謀求恭維了,因爲你知道你的頭髮一直看起來都很好。

一分鐘英語 第162期:Fishing for Compliments

A compliment is something good you say about a person, or a thing.

表揚是指我們談論人或事的優點。

Fishing for compliment means you are looking for someone to say good things about you, or something you have done.

Fishing for compliment的意思是你希望某人對你或者你做過的事說好話。

This phrase is used between friends. But sometimes people say it in a mean way about someone.

這個短語會在朋友之間使用。但是有時候,當談論某人時,人們會以一種刻薄的方式來用它。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!