當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第885期:編造僞造

英語口語練習小對話 第885期:編造僞造

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.87W 次

A: How did you get rid of him?

英語口語練習小對話 第885期:編造僞造

你是怎麼擺脫他的?

B : I gave him a Cooked-up story and told him that I had paired myself off with someone else. He fell for that and gave up hope.

我精心編造了個故事,說我已經跟別人確定關係了,她就信以爲真,真斷了念頭。

A: It was a pity that he wore out his welcome with you. He must regret about losing your love.

真遺憾你不喜歡他了。失去你,他一定會後悔的。

B: It takes two to love, the same as it takes two to make a quarrel.

愛情就這麼回事,一個巴掌拍不響,就和吵架一樣,兩個人才能吵起架來。

cook up

1. 解詞釋義

Cook up的本意爲“烹調,烹飪”。例如: Hot food is available, though the prisoners have to cook it up themselves. (可以吃到熱飯熱菜,不過犯人們必須自己煮。)在此,引申爲爲“僞造,編造”之意,相當於“make something up”。 此外,它還可以表示“策劃,謀劃”的意思。例如:He must have cooked up his scheme on the spur of the moment.(他肯定是一時衝動策劃了這個陰謀。)

2. 拓展範例

e.g. She'll cook up a convincing explanation.

她會編造一個很有說服力的解釋。

e.g. You put me on the spot, I have to cook up a story this time.

你把我拖下水, 這回我要找藉口了。

e.g. You just show me any one of their telegrams that they didn't cook up out of their own heads!

請問他們那些電報哪一條不是肚子裏造出來的!

e.g. They are trying to cook up an excuse to implement their proposal.

他們正在努力編造一個理由好實行他們的計劃。

1. get rid of:擺脫

e.g. You seem in rather a hurry to get rid of me.

看起來你急於想擺脫我。

e.g. It fell to me to get rid of them.

由我來負責擺脫他們。

2. give sb. a cooked-up story:給某人編造了個故事

e.g. Mary gave her teacher a cooked-up excuse that she had to take care of her mother in hospital so that she was late for school.

瑪麗編造了個理由,跟老師說她必須照顧她生病住院的媽媽,所以上課遲到了。

3. pair off:使成對(常指成爲戀人),使成雙

e.g. I knew she wouldn't be able to resist pairing me off with someone.

我知道她忍不住要將我和某人撮合到一塊兒。

e.g. The squad members paired off to find places to eat and sleep.

小組成員結對兒找地方吃飯睡覺。

4. fall for:親信,信以爲真

e.g. You're too intelligent to fall for his flattery.

你很聰明,不會受他的阿諛奉承所惑。

e.g. I told him I would think about it and asked for his telephone number. He didn't fall for that one.

我告訴他我會考慮,然後跟他要電話號碼。他並沒有上當。

5. give up:放棄

e.g. When life gets hard and you want to give up. At the time, do remember that life is full of ups and downs and without the downs, the ups would mean nothing.

當生活很艱難,你想要放棄的時候。此時請記住生活充滿了起起落落。如果沒有低谷,那站在高處也失去了意義。

e.g. They'll have to give up completely on certain of their studies.

他們將不得不徹底放棄某些研究。

6. wear out:使(感覺等)逐漸消失

e.g. His stubborn resistance to anything new eventually wore out the patience of his superiors.

他始終不願接受任何新事物,最終讓上司失去了耐心。

e.g. No matter how often they turn up, their welcome never wears out.

不管他們多久露面一次,都永遠那麼受歡迎。

e.g. ——“Could you not stay with us while you are solving your mystery?" — "Oh, we don't want to wear out our welcome."

“如果你們有事要忙就不用陪我們了,好麼?”——“哦,我們可不想不受歡迎。”

7. regret about:因……而遺憾

e.g. He regret about losing this opportunity to get promoted.

他後悔失去這次晉升的機會了。

e.g. He never regrets about what he has done something wrong.

他從來就不會對他所做的錯事而後悔。

8. make a quarrel:吵架

e.g. They could never see eye to eye, and made quarrels constantly.

可他們倆的意見從來不一致,常常要吵架。

e.g. The two friends have only just made it up after making a quarrel.

這兩朋友吵架後剛剛和好。

1. 戀愛是一個巴掌拍不響的。

翻譯It takes two to love.

2. 吵架必有兩個人。

翻譯: It takes two to make a quarrel.