當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第887期:奉承;拉攏

英語口語練習小對話 第887期:奉承;拉攏

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.33K 次

A: Don’t you know that lady living next to yours?

英語口語練習小對話 第887期:奉承;拉攏

你不認識在你隔壁住的女士嗎?

B: Of course. I know her. She is a famous film star, isn’t she?

我當然認識她了,她是一名很有名氣的影星,不是嗎?

A: Well. Let’s me give her some flowers.

咱們給她送些鮮花去吧。

B: You want to cozy up to the film star, don’t you.

你想跟她攀上交情,對吧。

cozy up to

1. 解詞釋義

Cozy up to是指“取悅某人”“奉承某人”或“拉攏某人”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. Ever since Gladys got put on the night shift, she's been cozying up to the boss. By baking him cookies and showering him with compliments, she's trying to get him to switch her back to the day shift. We'll see if her efforts have any influence on him.

自從格雷蒂斯開始上夜班以來,她就一直在討好老闆,不是烤餅乾,就是拍馬屁,她希望老闆能把自己調回去上白班。格雷蒂斯能成功嗎,我們等着看吧。
e.g. The Smith Development Company is so predictable. Once it discovers farmland that could be turned into new housing, it cozies up to local politicians. With the access it gains, building plans are soon approved. Before long, construction crews are busy at work!

史密斯開發公司一貫的做法是,一旦發現可以用來開發房地產的農田,就去跟當地的政客套近乎。跟政客混熟後,土地開發計劃很快就能得到批准,用不了多久,工地就開工了。

next to:緊挨着

e.g. He poked the man next to him, and said, "Who is that?"

他推推身邊那個人,問道:“那是誰?”

e.g. She heaped the dirty clothes next to the washing machine.

她把髒衣服堆在洗衣機旁邊。

e.g. It happened that I was standing next to him when he collapsed.

他突然倒下去的時候,我恰好站在他的身旁。

e.g. Standing next to the small children, Alice looks comparatively tall.

站在小孩旁邊時,艾麗斯個子顯得比較高些。

of course:(表示通常、顯見或衆所周知的事實)當然,自然

e.g. Of course there were lots of other interesting things at the exhibition.

當然,展覽上還有很多其他有趣的展品。

e.g. “I have read about you in the newspapers of course,” Charlie said.

“當然我已經在報紙上看過一些關於你的報道了,”查利說道。

1. Don’t you know that lady living next to yours?

要點解析:living next to yours是現在分詞短語做後置定語,修飾名詞lady。此外,yours在這裏指代your house。

2. You want to cozy up to the film star, don’t you.

要點解析:這是一個反義疑問句,結構爲陳述部分肯定句+疑問部分否定句,可記爲“前肯後否”。 回答時,如果情況屬實,用Yes加上反問句的倒裝肯定句;如果情況不屬實,則用No加上反問句的倒裝否定句。例如:
2. You were moved by your students, weren’t you?

情況屬實:Yes, I was. 情況不屬實:No, I wasn't.