當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2030期:打定主意,確立目標

迷你對話學地道口語第2030期:打定主意,確立目標

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.73K 次

情景對話:

A: Mum, the teacher asked me what I would like to be when I grew up?

迷你對話學地道口語第2030期:打定主意,確立目標

媽媽,老師問我當我長大以後要做什麼?

B: How did you answer her?

你怎麼說?

A: I said I'd set my sights on becoming a writer. And then the teacher told me to read more great books.

我說我打定主意要當一名作家,然後老師告訴我說要多讀名著。

B: That's the best advice.

那是最好的忠告。

第一, 詞海拾貝

set one’s sights on

exp. To identify, regard, or focus on someone or something as one's goal. (定力目標,打定主意

e.g. Every since she was a little girl, Janet has set her sights on being a fighter pilot.

從珍妮特還是個小女孩起,她就打定主意做一名戰鬥機飛行員。

e.g. They're setting their sights on you to be their new head of marketing.

他們打定主意讓你成爲新的市場總監。

e.g. We have set our sights on a bigger house.

我們一心想買幢大一點的房子。

e.g. Ralph set his sights on getting a law degree from Stanford.

拉爾夫的目標是在斯坦福大學獲得法學學位

第二, 語彙積累

1. would like to do something:想做某事

e.g. You are welcome to any books you would like to borrow.

你想借什麼書就隨便借好了。

e.g. The shepherd would like to hear the pedigree of your life, father.

爹,羊倌會高興聽聽你的身世經歷的。

e.g. Mrs. Hunter would like to be always awake-ready for a brawl.

亨特太太喜歡永遠醒着——準備大吵大鬧。

2. grow up:長大

e.g. That boy needs a firm hand to help him grow up.

那個男孩需要嚴加管教纔能有所長進。

e.g. No matter how much we grow up, while at least one parent is alive there's always a sense of having someone to fall back on.

我們不管多大了,只要父母當中至少還有一個活着,就總感到可以有所依賴。