當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第230期:侷促不安 坐立不安

迷你對話學地道口語第230期:侷促不安 坐立不安

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.31W 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第230期:侷促不安 坐立不安

A: Like a cat on hot bricks, as you might say. I don’t believe you are listening at all.

可以說你就是個熱鍋上的螞蟻,你根本就沒有聽我說。

B: Sorry, I just worried about him. You know, he should be here an hour ago.

對不起,我只是爲他擔心,他本來在一小時錢就該到了。

A: Don’t worry him, he has been grown up and I think he can take himself very well.

別爲他擔心了,他已經長大了,我想他會照顧好自己的。

B: But he still does not come back.

但是他還沒有回來。

A: Maybe he is on the way home now.

或許他現在就在回家的路上。

地道表達:

like a cat on hot bricks

解詞釋義:

此語用於表示“侷促不安”。Like a cat on hot bricks只要是指坐立不安。

支持範例:

Eg. He was like a cat on hot bricks before his driving test.

他面臨駕駛考試, 緊張得像熱鍋上的螞蟻。

Eg. You are like a cat on hot bricks with your running to the window to look for the postman.

你老是跑到窗口去望郵遞員,真像熱鍋上的螞蟻。

Eg. She was so worried that she looked like a cat on hot bricks.

她心急如焚,就像熱鍋上的螞蟻。

Eg. She will not fuss like a cat on hot bricks if he goes out when it is raining cats and dogs.

如果他冒着傾盆大雨外出,她也不會象熱鍋上的螞蟻那樣煩燥不安。

詞海拾貝:

1. worry about:擔心,擔憂

Eg. Let them worry about how to get rid of the cars later.

讓他們在日後爲處理車子而發愁吧。

Eg. I shouldn't worry about a thing like that at your age.

我在你這個年紀,可不爲這樣的事犯愁。

Eg. After liberation we don't have to worry about making a living.

解放後我們不必爲生活發愁了。
Eg. I think there is no need to worry about the university.

我看沒必要爲大學發愁吧。

2. grow up:長大

Eg. I like to muse about what I will do when I grow up.

我喜歡仔細思考長大後做什麼。

Eg. She will grow up to be a fine woman.

她將成長爲一名優秀的婦女。

Eg. As children grow up, they drift away from their parent's views.

隨着孩子不斷成長,他們便開始偏離其父母的觀點。

Eg. That boy needs a firm hand to help him grow up.

那個男孩需要嚴加管教纔能有所長進。

3. take sb/sth well:處理好

Eg. Mom, don’t worry about my marriage. I can take it well.

媽媽,不要擔心我的婚姻問題,我會處理好的。

4. come back:回來

Eg. It doesn't matter when you'll come back.

你什麼時候回來都沒關係。

Eg. He didn't come back until the sun had set.

他直到太陽落山以後纔回來。

Eg. He's come back to the village to see us folks.

他回村看望鄉親們來了。

Eg. The headmaster is engaged - can you come back later?

校長正有事呢,你能過一會兒來嗎?

5. on the way home:在回家的路途上

Eg. On the way home, he asked Jenny if she had enjoyed the speech.

在回家的路上,他問珍妮是否喜歡這次講演。

Eg. On the way home my father told me of an incident.

回家途中,我父親給我講述了一件事。

Eg. Mother told him not to linger on the way home.

媽媽告訴他不要在回家的路上逗留。

Eg. I got caught in the deluge on the way home.

我在回家的路上遇到傾盆大雨。