當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1893期:有損某人的名譽

迷你對話學地道口語第1893期:有損某人的名譽

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.08W 次

第一,情景對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1893期:有損某人的名譽

A: Don't keep in touch with Jack. He will give you a bad name.

別和傑克聯繫了。他會有損你的名聲的。

B: Mind your own business.

不要你管。

A: You'll regret some day.

總有一天你會後悔的。

B: By no means!

絕不可能!

第二,詞海拾貝

give someone a bad name

變異:give a bad name to someone

exp. Spoil the reputation of someone. (損壞某人的名譽)

—— I can't believe how little you care about your students!—— Mike, you give a bad name to teachers!

—— 我真不敢相信你們對學生這麼漠不關心!—— Mike,你有損老師們的名譽啊!

e.g. Such a fault gives a bad name to you.

這種過錯有損你的名聲。

e.g. He has been given a bad name by a newspaper article alleging he'd evaded his taxes.

由於報上一篇文章聲稱他曾逃稅,他的名譽受到損害。

e.g. I think I can do something to straighten this out for you and do not give you a bad name because of it.

我想我可以替您把這件事辦好,不會因爲此事而損壞你的名譽。

第三,語彙積累

1.keep in touch with(somebody or something):與某人保持聯繫,及時瞭解某事,經常接觸某人或某事

e.g. I try to keep in touch with current events by reading the newspapers.

我經常讀報來儘量瞭解時事。

e.g. We must keep in touch with what is happening in foreign countries.

我們必須瞭解國外的動態。

e.g. He expressed the hope that we would keep in touch with his firm.

他表示希望我們與他的公司保持聯繫。

e.g. We now keep in touch with him by writing letters .

我們現在靠寫信與他保持聯繫。

2.mind one’s own business:別管閒事

e.g. As he was always interfering, I told him to mind his own business.

因他常來干涉, 我叫他少管閒事。

e.g. He asked me if I was married, so I told him to mind his own business.

他問我結婚了沒有,我叫他少管閒事。

3.by no means:絕不

e.g. His story is by no means convincing.

他講的話絲毫不足令人相信。

e.g. The problem is by no means as simple as we first thought.

問題決不像我們當初想象的那麼單純。

e.g. He is by no means a pleasant man to deal with.

他決不是一個好打交道的爽快人。

some day: 終有一天