當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1860期:行爲觸怒某人,惹人生厭

迷你對話學地道口語第1860期:行爲觸怒某人,惹人生厭

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.32W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1860期:行爲觸怒某人,惹人生厭

A: Henry, the teacher phoned me today.

亨利,老師今天打電話給我了。

B: What did he say?

說什麼了?

A: Bill fell foul of his teacher when he was late for class again.

今天比爾又遲到了,惹得老師很生氣。

B: We should teach him a lesson.

我們得好好教訓他一頓。

第二,地道表達

fall foul of (someone or something)

exp. To become disliked or to come in conflict with someone or something due to one's actions, often resulting in further trouble or conflict. (行爲觸怒別人,惹人生厭)

e.g. Since you're new here, be careful not to fall afoul of Bill—he'll keep you off of every case if he's mad at you.

因爲你是新來的,所以要小心,不要和比爾發生衝突——如果他生你的氣,他會把你排除在外的。

e.g. I fell foul of the committee, and now I'm not sure how to improve my reputation.

我得罪了委員會,現在我不知道如何提升我的聲譽。

e.g. Ted fell afoul of the law when he was still a kid, and he's been in and out of jail ever since.

泰德還是個孩子的時候就觸犯了法律,從那時起他就進進出出監獄。

第三,語彙積累

1. be late for:做某事遲到

e.g. Come on, we'll be late for the movie.

快點吧,我們看點影要遲到了。

e.g. Don't be late for your interview, or you won't get the job.

面試不要遲到,否則你就得不到工作了。

2.teach someone a lesson:教訓某人一頓

e.g. I'll teach you a lesson if you go on like this.

如果你繼續這樣下去,我會教訓你的。

e.g. I shall have to teach you a lesson. From now on, I'll show you no mercy.

我將不得不給你個利害看看。從今後,我不會寬容你。