當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1875期:隨心所欲的,放任自流的

迷你對話學地道口語第1875期:隨心所欲的,放任自流的

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.21W 次

第一,情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1875期:隨心所欲的,放任自流的

A: Are you free-wheeling about what you do?

你的事能自己做主嗎?

B: Well, depends on what I do. Sometimes my father gives me a free hand, and sometimes he demands that I toe the line.

嗯,那要看什麼事。有時候我父親不管,有時候我就得聽他的。

A: If you join us on our expedition, what will he say?

如果你和我們一起去探險,他會怎麼說呢?

B: To tell you the truth, he may not think it is a good idea.

說實話,他可不會認爲這是個好主意。

第二,詞海拾貝

free-wheeling

exp. Wild or uncontrolled. (隨心所欲的,放任自流的)

e.g. You're going to be in debt if you keep up this free-wheeling spending.

如果你繼續這種隨心所欲的消費,你會負債的。

e.g. These high-spending and free-wheeling people appear out of nowhere at election time.

這些揮金如土且隨心所欲的人在大選期間不知從哪兒冒出來。

第三,語彙積累

1.depend on ( something or someone):依靠,依賴

e.g. I haven' t got a car, so I have to depend on the buses.

我沒有汽車, 所以我得乘公共汽車。

e.g. We depend on the newspapers for information about what is happening.

我們依憑報紙獲悉所發生的事情。

e.g. You must try to pull yourself together your family depend on you.

你應該振作起來,你的家庭都指着你。

e.g. You can't depend on her: for instance, she arrived late yesterday.

她靠不住,舉例說吧,昨天她就來遲了。

someone a free hand:讓某人自由幹,讓某人有自行處理的權利

e.g. Can you believe the boss gave me a free hand on this project?

你能相信老闆讓我全權處理這個項目嗎?

3. toe the line:聽從

e.g. In this company you must toe the line if you want to keep your job.

在這個公司裏,你必須循規蹈矩才能保住飯碗。

e.g. If he didn't toe the line, she would keep on pestering him.

不依着她的道兒走,她真會老跟着他鬧鬨。

4.tell someone the truth:對某人說實話

e.g. To tell the truth he was not really in the mood for anything.

說實在的,他此時幹什麼事都打不起精神。

e.g. The best way to turn off the speculation was to tell the truth.

停止那些臆測的最好辦法就是說明真相。