當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第253期:剛上任的官

迷你對話學地道口語第253期:剛上任的官

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.23W 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第253期:剛上任的官

A: Our major is from a bigger city.

我們的市長是從大城市調來的。

B: He’s doing fine. A new broom sweeps clean.

他幹得不錯,新官上任三把火嘛。

A: He brings with him some talented people from his former city.

他從先前救任的城市帶來了不少的才人。

B: I think we’ll benefit a lot.

我想這對我們大有益處。

地道表達:

a new bloom 新上任的官

對話範例:

Jill: That new supervisor is awfully strict. And we cannot put up with it.

新來的上司很嚴格,我們受不了。

Jane: It is called that a new broom sweep clean. Don’t get upset all day long.

這是所謂的新官上任三把火,彆着急。

詞海拾貝:

1. do fine:幹得不錯,幹得好

Eg. Starting a new store is risky, but I think we will do fine.

開新店本來就會有風險,但我想我們會一切順利的。

Eg. You do fine, and the manager knows it.

你演得很好的,經理是知道的。

Eg. I'll do fine, Mother, you can rest assured.

媽,你放心,我會幹得不錯的。

Eg. This log will do fine as a table for our picnic.

這塊大圓木很可以用作我們野餐的餐桌。

2. bring with sb :隨身帶有

Eg. I shall bring with me the full details of my testimonials as you request.

我將根據您的要求帶上詳細的證件。

Eg. I'm always inclined to bring with me a flask with a little water in it.

我總是在身上帶着一個瓶子,裏面裝上點水。