當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1316期:出賣某人(在關鍵時刻)大綱

迷你對話學地道口語第1316期:出賣某人(在關鍵時刻)大綱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.95K 次

第一,迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1316期:出賣某人(在關鍵時刻)

A: It seems that you are getting with Jack like a house on fire.

看起來,你和Jack相處得挺熱乎的。

B: Yeah. We really hit it off.

是的,我們兩人合得來。

A: Well, you'd better keep him at arm's length, or he will take advantage of you and sell you down to the river.

恩,你最好和他保持距離,否則他會利用你,在緊要關頭出賣你的。

B: Why? What kind of person do you take him for, anyway.

爲什麼?不管怎樣,你把他看做什麼人呢?

A: Well, go and ask Mary. She'll tell you.

恩,去問Mary吧,她會告訴你的。

第二,地道表達

sell someone down the river

解詞釋義

Sell someone down the river的意思是指“出賣某人”的意思。

拓展範例

E..g. We would rather die than sell comrades down the river.

我們寧死也不出賣自己的同志。

E.g. He is not the man to sell a friend down the river.

他不是出賣朋友的人 。

第三,好詞妙語

like a house on fire:極好地,很熱鬧

E.g. It was perfect marriage. They got on like a house on fire.

這是個美滿的婚姻,兩口子很快就如膠似漆。

E.g. Mike's new motorbike goes like a house on fire.

麥克的新摩托車跑起來極快。

take advantage of:利用

E.g. He never helps me without trying to take advantage of me.

他每次幫我都想佔我便宜。

E.g. Don't mistake our restraint for weakness or something you can take advantage of.

不要把我們的剋制當作軟弱可欺。

hit it off:合得來

E.g. These children hit it off well in the kindergarten.

這些小孩在幼兒園裏相處得很好。

E.g. My brother and my boyfriend hit it off right from the start.

我哥哥和我的男友兩人一見如故。

take sb. for:把......看做......

E.g. Don't take him for a friend, he is nothing but a criminal.

不要把他當朋友,他只是個罪犯。

E.g. I will take him for a model.

我願以他爲榜樣。