當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第969期:一心想要...

迷你對話學地道口語第969期:一心想要...

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.25K 次

第一, 迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第969期:一心想要...

A: It seems that Sarah has her heart set on Dick. I feel like having a talk with you about it.

看起來Sarah好像一心一意愛上了Dick,我想和你談談此事。

B: That’s been troubling me all these days. I don’t know what we can do.

這件事情這些日子一直困擾着我,我不知道我該做些什麼。

A: Don’t worry. But do you think Dick will go steady with her?

別擔心,你認爲Dick會和她穩定發展關係下去嗎?

B: My sixth sense tells me that he is not the sort of man who will go steady with her. He has many girls eating out of his hand.

我的第六感覺告訴我,他不是那種相遇她穩定發展關係的人。有許多女孩傾心於他。

第二, 地道表達

have one’s heart set on

1. 解詞釋義

Have one’s heart set on的字面意思是“把新放在某事上”,意思即爲“下定決心做某事,要心想要做某事,打定主意做某事”等意思。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. I really have my heart set on taking another trip to China this year. Do you wan to go with me this time?

我今年真的有心想去中國,你這次能和我一起去麼?

e.g. Tim doesn't know what to do.His wife has her heart set on a fur coat for Christmas but he can't afford to buy it for her this。

蒂姆不知如何是好,他的妻子一心想買一件皮外衣過聖誕節,但是他今年買不起。

e.g. Once he had his heart set on something, he will accept no turning-back.

一旦她拿定注意做一件事情,他不會走回頭路的。

第三, 咬文嚼字

have a talk:談話

e.g. He looks like he's got an axe to grind. Better have a talk with him.

他看來是牢騷滿腹, 你最好找他談談。

e.g. He was going to have a talk with me about this matter and attempt to get the thing in perspective.

他準備和我談談這件事,設法弄出個頭緒來。

feel like:想要……

e.g. I feel like going to Europe for a visit next summer vacation.

我好想明年暑假去一趟歐洲。

e.g. I don't feel like dealing with such touchy problems.

我不願處理這種棘手的問題。

all these days:這些天

My wife has been down in the dumps all these days.

我妻子這幾天總是悶悶不樂的樣子。

Of course, Mrs. Elsing didn't like her at all these days but she had always been fond of Melanie.

當然,埃爾辛太太近來一直不喜歡她,可是對媚蘭始終很好。

eat out of one’s hand:十分順從,聽人擺佈

e.g. The teacher is really experienced and knows how to deal with his pupils. He will have the unruly class eat out of his hand before long.

這位老師很有經驗,很懂得怎樣和學生打交道,用不了多久,他就能把這個不守規矩的班級教得服服帖帖的了。

e.g. The pretty girl is very popular among the boys. They all eat out of her hand.

這個漂亮姑娘很討厭男孩子的喜歡,他們對她是有求必應。

e.g. Most parents and teachers like children who eat out of their hand.

大多數的父母親和教師都喜歡那種順從聽話的孩子。