當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1937期:正是想要的東西

迷你對話學地道口語第1937期:正是想要的東西

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.38W 次

第一, 情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1937期:正是想要的東西

A: Mum, did you see the books I borrowed from Angela?

媽媽,你見過我從安吉拉那兒借來的書嗎?

B: Yeah. I put them on the top of the cupboard.

我把它們放到壁櫃的最頂層了。

A: Mum, I can't reach the books, could you please do me a favor?

媽媽,我夠不着書,幫幫我,好嗎?

B: I can't reach them, either. We need a ladder.

我也夠不着,我們需要一個梯子。

A: Here's a ladder.

這有個梯子。

B: Just the thing. We'll use that.

正是我們需要的,我們來用吧!

第二, 詞海拾貝

just the thing

exp. Exactly what is most ideal, desired, or useful in a particular moment or situation. (正是最理想,最渴望的,最有用的東西)

e.g. I'm telling you, when you're hungover, a big basket of French fries is just the thing!

我告訴你當你宿醉的時候,一大籃薯條就是最用的東西!

e.g. I have just the thing to wear with a dress that color.

穿那種顏色的衣服正是我最渴望的。

e.g. I happened on just the thing I had been looking for.

我偶然發現了我所要找的東西。

e.g. If you want a small screwdriver I've got just the thing here.

如果你要一把小螺絲刀,我這兒正好有一把。

第三, 語彙積累

1. do somebody a favour:幫忙

e.g. Do me a favour and turn the radio down while I'm on the phone, will you?

勞駕,我在打電話,把收音機的聲音調小點好嗎?

e.g. Please do me a favour and go to the shop for me.

請你幫我一個忙,替我到商店走一趟。

e.g. I've come to ask you to do me a favour. Would you please lend me your notebook computer for a couple of days?

我是來求你幫忙的,你的筆記本電腦能借給我用一兩天嗎?

2. on the top of:在……的頂上

e.g. At last they saw him emerge on the top of an eminence within hail.

最後,他們看到他在一個山嶺上出現了,置身於歡呼之中。

e.g. Kate carried our school banner on the top of a hill.

凱特在山頂上舉着我們的校旗。

其它:borrow something from:從……借某物

reach the books:伸手拿得到書籍