當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1998期:隱藏在心中不讓別人知道

迷你對話學地道口語第1998期:隱藏在心中不讓別人知道

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.86W 次

Dialogue:

迷你對話學地道口語第1998期:隱藏在心中不讓別人知道

A: I know Mark is keeping something from me.

我知道馬克對我隱瞞了一些事。

B: You feel upset? Well, every man plays something close to his chest.

你覺得不舒服?每個人都有自己心中的祕密。

A: But I don't know what something is.

但我不知道那是什麼事。

B: Don't be annoyed by that. You must play this feeling close to the chest, too.

不要被這個搞得很煩惱,你應該把這種感覺隱藏起來。

一, 詞海拾貝

play something close to one’s chest

exp. To keep one's plans, intentions, or tactics secret from everyone else. (把某事隱藏在心裏不讓別人知道)

e.g. We're all curious about what the boss has been discussing in those meetings with the lawyers, but she's playing it close to her chest.

我們都很想知道老闆在和律師開會時都在討論些什麼,但是她不會說出來的。

二, 語彙積累

1. keep somthing from somebody:不讓某人知道某事

e.g. You'd better keep the bad news from Mother.

你最好不要把這壞消息告訴母親。

e.g. Keep the news from him;he will tell everyone about it.

不要把這消息告訴他,他會見人就說的。

2. be annoyed by something:因某事而惱火

e.g. I was annoyed by his insensitive remarks.

我聽了他那些沒分寸的話,心裏很不痛快。

e.g. "Indeed, no, and don't let's discuss it any further," said Scarlett, annoyed by his reference to Charles.

他老是讓Scarlett想起Charles,Scarllet很不高興,於是說到:“不,請你真的不要再談這件事了。"

e.g. If he has been annoyed by anything at the office, he takes it out of his wife and children.

如果他在辦公室裏不順心,就拿他的妻子和孩子撒氣。