當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐懼(1)

美語情景對話 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐懼(1)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.14W 次

Gyri: Okay. Viyasan, have you ever overcome any fears.

格里:好。維亞森,你有克服過恐懼嗎?

Viyasan: Okay, that's a good question. I think there's many fears that I've overcome and I'm sure everyone has as well, but the one that sticks out to me the most was attending university after high school. I think the scariest part of that was meeting all the different types of people, different people from different cultures, from different high schools, from different areas. It was very odd to see that group all mixed together. I wasn't sure how to approach people and talk to them. Some of the classes were very tough. It was just a huge mess of interacting with people and doing well in school. But I think the best way to approach it is to find similarities that you can connect with people. For example, I really liked basketball and so I tried to hang out with other people who liked basketball and other people who enjoyed some of my similar subjects. For example, I like marketing and so I was a big fan of other students who took very similar classes and I would talk to them about my interests. And so, I think that's how I got through university, was trying to find people that made similar interests of mine ... or, sorry, or had similar interests and just grow with them, learn more, and then slowly meet new people with similar interests as well. So I think that's how I overcame the hurdle of first year university.

維亞森:嗯,這是個好問題。我認爲我克服了很多恐懼,我確定所有人都克服過恐懼,不過我印象最深的經歷發生在高中畢業後上大學的時候。我認爲大學期間最可怕的事情在於,會遇到各種各樣的人,來自各種文化的人,這些人來自不同的高中和不同的地區。看到這些人在一起讓人感覺非常奇怪。我不知道要怎麼和他們接觸,怎麼和他們說話。一些課程很難上。要和他人交流,還要在學校好好學習,這很艱難。不過我認爲最好的解決方法是找到可以和他們交流的相似點。比如,我非常喜歡籃球,所以我儘量和同樣喜歡籃球的人一起玩,和那些與我學的課程相似的人一起玩。舉例來說,我喜歡市場營銷,所以我會喜歡那些和我修同樣課程的學生,我會和他們聊我的興趣。我認爲這是我度過大學時光的方法,也就是儘量去尋找和我有類似興趣的人,抱歉,尋找有類似興趣的人,和他們一起成長,然後慢慢地去接觸同樣有類似興趣的新朋友。這是我克服在大學一年級時遇到的障礙的方法。

Gyri: Yeah.

格里:好。

Viyasan: Yeah.

維亞森:嗯。

Gyri: And what year are you in?

格里:你現在上幾年級?

Viyasan: I am in my fourth year right now.

維亞森:我現在大四。

Gyri: Okay, so you've been for a while.

格里:好,你已經來這裏一段時間了。

Viyasan: Just one more semester here at APU and-

維亞森:我在立命館亞洲太平洋大學還有一學期的課程……

Gyri: This is your last semester?

格里:這是你最後一學期?

Viyasan: Yep, and then I'll be graduating, so it's pretty scary heading into the real world, the adult world.

維亞森:對,之後我就畢業了,離開學校邁入真實的世界,邁入成人的世界,這太可怕了。

Gyri: Yeah, you're gonna have to find a job.

格里:嗯,你必須找工作。

Viyasan: Exactly, yeah. That's gonna be a little bit stressful as well.

維亞森:沒錯。這也會令人感到些許壓力。

Gyri: Are you worried about that?

格里:你擔心嗎?

Viyasan: Finding a job? Right now, I do have a job when I graduate university. I'll be working within a marketing context, luckily, it's something that I'm interested in, in a marketing context at a consulting firm. So that's solving problems for different types of businesses within a marketing context.

維亞森:找工作嗎?我大學畢業後的工作已經找好了。我將在市場營銷領域工作,幸運的是,這是我感興趣的領域,我將在一家諮詢公司的市場營銷部門工作。工作內容就是爲各種類型的企業解決涉及市場營銷的問題。

Gyri: That sounds cool.

格里:聽起來很酷。

Viyasan: Yeah.

維亞森:對。

美語情景對話 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐懼(1)

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. stick out 顯眼;顯得突出;
It's her accent that makes her stick out.
她的口音使她很顯眼。
2. interact with 相互交流;相互溝通;
I like to interact with others, so I have many friends.
我喜歡和別人交流,所以我有很多朋友。
3. hang out with 閒逛,逗留;
Like all girls of my age, I like to hang out with my friends at malls or theaters.
和我同齡的所有女孩一樣,我喜歡和朋友一起逛商場或看電影。
4. go through 通過;
I could go through the second half of this year, has become a lot of entrepreneurs have to face a serious issue.
能不能熬過今年下半年,已經成爲很多企業經營者必須面對的嚴峻課題。