當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 高頻英語口語對話(MP3+中英字幕) 第480期:搭平臺

高頻英語口語對話(MP3+中英字幕) 第480期:搭平臺

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.81K 次

unit 537

搭平臺

dialogue

英語情景對話

A:Hi, Sara, what are you reading?

A:嗨,莎拉,你在看什麼?

B:Hi, John, I am trying to find a carpenter.

B:嗨,約翰,我在找木匠。

A:Why?

A:爲什麼找木匠?

B:Well, I want to build a deck in my back yard.

B:嗯,我想在後院建一個平臺。

A:What for?

A:用來幹嘛呢?

B:So I can have a special place to hang out with friends, and also do some barbecuing on weekends.

B:那樣我就有一個地方專門和朋友聚會聊天啦,而且,週末也可以在那裏燒烤。

A:That sounds cool. Do you mind if I recommend myself for the job?

A:聽起來很棒,你介意我毛遂自薦麼?

B:You? Do you have a carpenter's license?

B:你?你有木匠執照麼?

A:Yes, of course. But I only freelance on weekends with my uncle.

A:有啊,但我只有在週末纔有空和我叔叔一起接生意做。

高頻英語口語對話(MP3+中英字幕) 第480期:搭平臺

B:Wow! That's cool. So, let me give you some details about the deck I want.

B:哇,真厲害,那麼我告訴你一些我想建的平臺的細節。

A:Please go ahead, I am listening.

A:說吧,我在聽。

B:I'd like my deck to be at the same level as the back door.

B:我要我的平臺和後門一樣高。

A:Is your back door higher than the ground level?

A:你的後門高於地面麼?

B:Yes, the back door is about four or five steps higher than the ground.

B:是的,後門比地面高出大約4—5級臺階。

A:Okay, then you need a deck with a guardrail.

A:好吧,這樣你的平臺需要加護欄。

B:I don't like things to be fancy.

B:我不要太花哨的設計。

A:Don't worry. I will build your deck with a simple but classic look.

A:放心,我會幫你把平臺做得簡單而高雅。

B:Hmm, that's good. Can you use cedar or redwood to build it?

B:嗯,那很好,你可以用西洋杉或者紅木來做麼?

A:Cedar is a good choice.

A:西洋杉是不錯的選擇。

B:Well, let's take the measurements right now.

B:那麼,我們現在就來測量吧。