當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 教科書上覺得學不到的地道美語

教科書上覺得學不到的地道美語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.09K 次

教科書上覺得學不到的地道美語


Before you know it在你不知不覺中;很快

If you start saving now,before you know it,you'll have enough money for college.

如果你現在開始攢錢,不知不覺中,你就能供自己上大學了.

I'll come back before you know it.

我很快就回來.




You'll always have next year. 你還是有機會的.

Don't worry about not making varsity 'll always have next year.

別擔心沒進校隊的事,你還有機會的.

Ahhh,I missed my favorate band.

Well,I guess you'll always have next year.

啊,我錯過了我最喜歡樂隊的演出.

我想你會有機會再見到他們的.




Hot stuff寶貝,美人,帥哥;奇才,非凡的事物

Hot stuff第一種解釋:寶貝,美人,帥哥;第二種解釋;奇才,非凡的事物

When someone is trying too hard to make himself look good,we can call him a hot stuff.有點諷刺意味

Hey come on hot 't play too hard on your 'll be late.

行了大帥哥,別弄你的頭髮了,我們快遲到了.

That cellphone sure is hot has so many new features.

那款手機可真夠棒的,有那麼多新功能.

She's really hot stuff at tennis.

她可真是網球好手.




Hack into 侵入

Young man.I need you to hack into the computer and find the missing files.

年輕人,我要你侵入電腦裏,把我們丟失的文件找回來。

Let's try to hack into the building by going up the fire escape.

我們試試從防火通道進入大樓吧。

Some analysts believe Chinese people with state backing have been trying to hack into Pentagon computers.

一些分析家相信,中國一些有政府撐腰的黑客企圖進入五角大樓的電腦系統。

He would jack into the digital world of computer data (known as the matrix) to hack into high-security corporate databases for his employers.

他有能耐可以進入僱主的高安全性的員工資料庫里加以破壞。

Leading teams encrypt their communications to and from drivers to protect information from rivals but Todt said it was common practice to hack into them.

領先的車隊總是加密他們與車手之間的無線電通訊以防競爭對手獲取他們的資料,但是託德說竊聽無線電通訊的做法是司空見慣的。




Read one's mind讀透......的心思

We spend so much time together.I feel like I can read your mind.

我們相處這麼久了,我想我明白你是怎麼想的.

Just because you know I like Tom Cruise,it doesn't mean you can read my mind.

你不要以爲你知道我喜歡湯姆.克魯斯,就認爲你很瞭解我.




On the lam 潛逃

or, her husband at her side, surrendered to police Saturday after two days on the lam.

泰勒太太,逃亡兩天以後,星期六由她丈夫陪伴向警方自首。

He was on the lam from the police after they found out he was using stolen credit cards.

他被警方發現偷盜信用卡之後就一直潛逃。

You're gonna have to go on the lam if you don't wanna go to jail.

不想坐牢的話就快逃。

The swindler took it on the lam and was never seen again.

那騙子溜之大吉,再沒露過面。



Set someone up陷害誰;being set up被陷害

You set me up!

你陷害了我!

I didn't steal your DVD player.I know I'm being set up.

我沒偷你的DVD機,我是被冤枉的.

He was set up by the mafia to look like he was guilty

他被黑手黨陷害有罪.



When the chips are down在最無助的時候;緊急關頭

You are always there for me when the chips are down.I know I can always count on you.

每當我最無助的時候,你都在那裏默默的支持我。我明白,我可以一直信賴你。

When the chips are down,you have to rely on your family for support.

當你最無助的時候,家是給你支持的地方。

You'll never know what he will do when the chips are down.

你永遠不知道他在關鍵時刻會做出甚麼驚人之事!

Harold complains quite a lot, but when the chips are down he always defends his company and is really very loyal.

哈羅德常常抱怨不斷,但在緊急關頭,他總是護衛着他的公司,他的確非常忠誠。



See the light明白真相

Hopefully one day she'll see the light and realize that he's all wrong for her.

希望有一天她會看清事實,明白他並不適合她.

Before I got into the accident,I never wore a seat that I've seen the light,I wear one all the time.

在出事故之前,我從不繫安全帶.可既然我已經知道了它的重要性,我就總是戴着它.




Tap into去了解,接近,挖掘

I'd really like to tap into the overseas market.I think there's a lot of business opportunities there.

我很想探尋海外市場.我覺得那有很多商業機會.

To understand the American slang you really have to tap into the whole culture.

想學習美國俚語的話,你真的需要進一步瞭解它的整體文化.