當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1989期:不可能的,不值得考慮的

迷你對話學地道口語第1989期:不可能的,不值得考慮的

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.27W 次

Dialogue:

迷你對話學地道口語第1989期:不可能的,不值得考慮的

A: Could I hand in my paper a few days later?

我的論文能晚幾天交嗎?

B: I'm afraid that's out of the question.

恐怕不行。

A: You mean the paper must be handed in in no time?

你是說那現在就得交?

B: That's right.

沒錯兒。

一, 詞海拾貝

out of the question

exp. Not possible; having no chance. (不可能的,不值得考慮的

e.g. We've sunk too much time and money into this project as it is, so starting again from scratch is out of the question.

事實上,我們已經在這個項目上投入了大量的時間和資金,所以重新白手起家是不可能的。

e.g. I'm sorry, having a party here is absolutely out of the question.

對不起,在這裏開完會是絕對不可能的。

e.g. Mrs. Norris was sorry to say that the little girl's staying with them, at least as things then was, was quite out of the question.

諾利斯太太抱歉地說這小女孩絕對不能住到她家,至少就眼前的情況來看,是絕對不可能的。

e.g. You know as to an attachment of that kind, it is quite out of the question.

你知道那樣一種愛情是根本談不到的。

二, 語彙積累

1. hand in :提交,交上

e.g. I do not know when she can hand in her school assignment.

我不知道她什麼時候能交來她的作業。

e.g. We should give them notice to hand in the applications before Friday.

我們應該通知他們在星期五之前交上申請書。

2. in no time:立刻,很快

e.g. Waldheim was likely to get that word around in no time.

瓦爾德海姆會很快把這個意思散佈出去。

e.g. I' m sure an antifebrile injection will bring your fever down in no time.

我相信注射一針退熱劑會使你的熱度立刻降下來。

3. a few days later:幾天後

e.g. A few days later he made an about-face.

幾天以後,他變了卦。

e.g. He was sent away and, a few days later, brought back, like the bad halfpenny.

他被送走了,可沒過幾天,又像沒用的硬幣一樣被退回來了。