當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:幫我換輪胎的大哥哥

雙語美文:幫我換輪胎的大哥哥

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.59W 次

I was just about to take a bite of my mozzarella sticks

雙語美文:幫我換輪胎的大哥哥

我正準備咬一口芝士條


when my brother called me

這時,我哥哥打來電話


to let me know he was out of his appointment early.

他告訴我,他提早開完了會


Starving little me

我飢腸轆轆


I decided it was a good idea to drive

我想還是繼續開車吧


and dip my sticks into the sauce

就把奶酪棒蘸進了醬裏


all the while watching my GPS,

同時還一直看着GPS


so of course something dumb was bound to happen,

可以預料,一定會有糟糕的事情發生


as it did.

而它果然就發生了


I hit a curb on my way out

我開車出去的時候撞到了一條圍欄


and I guess it was bad

我猜到情況有些嚴重


because I immediately felt the car weigh down

我立刻趕到車子不堪重負


and give up,

垮了下來


I was almost sure I had popped my tire

我幾乎可以確定,一定是輪胎扎破了


so I headed to the nearest entrance to take a look at it.

於是走向最近的入口查看了一下


Low and behold,

果然


yes my tire was very popped.

我的輪胎爆了,情況很糟糕


Anyway,

可是


I don't really know how to change a tire

我實在不知道應該怎麼換輪胎


and I was in a dress

而且我還穿着連衣裙


since I hadn't been home after work,

因爲下班後我還沒有回過家


but nonetheless

無論如何


I started taking the things out from my trunk

我把隨身的東西從後備箱裏拿了出來


and decided I'd call my brother

決定給我哥哥打個電話


to walk me through it.

幫我解決這件事


I had been there for at least 10 min

我在原地呆了至少十分鐘


trying to figure out what pieces were for what,

努力分辨,那些碎片原本是在什麼地方的


with people looking

人們都過來張望


but no one offering to help.

卻沒有人幫忙


Right before I got on the phone however,

可是,就在我再次打通電話之前


this nice looking gentleman approached me,

有一個儀表堂堂的紳士朝我走過來


in his mid 20's

他看上去約莫二十四,五歲


and asked if I needed help.

問我是否需要幫助


I was so relieved

我如獲大赦


and he could tell,

他可以幫我


he immediately got down on his knees

他很快躬下身來


and placed the jack underneath the car

把自己的夾克衫鋪到車子底下


when he realized I didn't have a wrench

這時他發現我沒有帶扳手


(or whatever it's called)

我不確定那種工具叫這個名字


to get the car up.

沒法讓車擡起來


He got up fast,

他很快爬起來


checked in his truck

檢查自己的後備箱


and realized he'd left it at home.

意識到他把自己的工具忘在家裏了


"I live literally 5 min down the street,

“我住的地方就在這條街,走過去五分鐘,真的”


 I'll go get it and come back,

“我回去拿工具,然後再回來”


I promise ."

“我保證”


I thanked him

我謝過他


and he was off.

他走開了


I stood by my car patiently waiting,

我站在車旁耐心等待着


another 10 min

大約十分鐘後


(still nobody else offered to help)

在此期間還是沒有人過來幫忙


and then I see his truck pulling in,

我看到他的卡車在我身邊停下


my heart was so happy!

我的心多麼雀躍啊


He got down

他蹲下身


and immediately got to work on my tire,

很快開始對付我的輪胎


he was fast

他動作很快


and at the end

最後


he helped me carry the tire to my trunk

還幫我把換下來的輪胎放進了後備箱


not letting me dirty my hands.

免得把我的手弄髒


He was so kind

他實在太善良了


and the fact that he went so out of his way to help me was amazing,

義無反顧費心費力的來幫助我,實在令人讚歎


thanks

謝謝


I really appreciate it

我無比感激