當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(10)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(10)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.23W 次

Adam was astonished.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(10)
亞當很震驚。

'What's wrong with you people?'

“你們這些人怎麼回事呀?”

he asked Irfan and my father.

他問伊凡與我的父親

'She speaks better English than the rest of you and you're translating for her!'

“她的英文說得比你們都好,你們還在這兒幫她翻譯!”

We all laughed.

我們都大笑起來。

The original idea for the documentary had been to follow my father on the last day of school, but at the end of the meeting Irfan asked me,

原定的計劃是在學校關閉的這一天,跟拍我父親一天的經歷。但是會晤結束時伊凡問我:

'What would you do if there comes a day when you can't go back to your valley and school?'

“如果有一天,你再也不能回到你的河谷和你的學校,你該怎麼辦呢?”

I said this wouldn't happen.

我說這樣的事情永遠都不會發生。

Then he insisted and I started to weep.

他堅持要我回答,我開始落淚。

I think it was then that Adam decided he should focus on me.

我想應該是在那時,亞當決定把焦點轉移到我的身上。

Adam could not come to Swat because it was too dangerous for foreigners.

亞當無法親臨斯瓦特,因爲這對一名外國人來說太危險。

When Irfan and a cameraman arrived in Mingora, our uncle, who was staying with us, said over and over that it was too risky to have cameras in our house.

當伊凡與一名攝影師抵達明戈拉時,跟我們待在一起的舅舅一遍又一遍地跟我們說在家裏擺一臺攝影機有多麼危險。

My father also kept telling them to hide the cameras.

因此,父親也一再告誡他們要把攝影機藏好。

But they had come a long way and it's hard for us as Pashtuns to refuse hospitality.

但他們遠道而來,而且熱情好客又是我們普什圖人的傳統,所以我們無法拒絕。

Besides, my father knew this could be our megaphone to the outside world.

此外,父親也深知,這會是我們用來對外界說話的麥克風。

His friend had told him it would make far more impact than him roaming from pillar to post.

他的朋友告訴他,這樣做帶來的影響力,遠比他行遍鄉里要大得多。