當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 爸爸給了我一千美元大綱

爸爸給了我一千美元大綱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.96K 次

Growing up
在我長大的過程中
I’ve always been very independent.
我一直表現得十分獨立
I’ve never asked for my parents for Money or help,
我從未向父母要過錢,或尋求過幫助
and I’ve always lived a pretty secluded life from them.
每天的生活,也與他們十分疏離
We’re close,
我們關係很好
but not in a “I’m going to tell you every detail of my life” way.
但不是那種“我要把生活中所有的細節都告訴你”的好
A little back ground:
再告訴你們吧
I moved out at 17,
17歲的時候我就從家裏搬出來了
went to university,
我去了大學
and dropped out in my third year.
在大學三年級輟學
I married my long term boyfriend,...
我與自己交往了很長時間的男友結了婚
we had a daughter,
我們有了一個女兒
I go back to school a second time.
我再次回到了學校
We decide to split up,
我和丈夫決定分開
my daughter and I find a new house to move into.
我和女兒找到新的住處,搬家
My car craps out
我的車徹底壞了
and I need to buy a new one.
我需要買輛新車
These last two years have been HARD.
最近兩年一直十分艱難
But we’re trekking on.
但我們堅持負重前行
I’m happier now than I was.
現在我比過去開心多了
Money is extremely tight,
錢花得緊巴巴的
but we are managing.
但還能對付過去
I was speaking to my dad
我與父親聊了會兒天
a few weeks ago
那是幾個星期以前
getting caught up
我被他叫過去
and he asked about my financial situation.
問我的財政狀況如何
I open up
我直話直說
and tell him things are fine, but tight.
告訴他情況還好,但有些吃緊
We’re doing okay.
我們沒事
He then tells me
接着他告訴我
he wants to send me some money
他想給我些錢
to cover my debts.
幫我還清貸款
I tell him it’s a lot.
我告訴他,我欠的貸款很多
$6000 in student loans,
學生貸款有6000美元
$4000 in credit card debt.
信用卡上還有4000元的欠款
He says he is proud of me
他卻說,他爲我感到驕傲
and the way I’ve moved through life so far.
爲我迄今爲止如何克服困難努力生活
He’s proud of the way
他爲我感到驕傲
I’ve been raising my daughter
爲我如何含辛茹苦的撫養女兒
and how independent I am.
爲我這麼獨立
He wants me to start this new chapter of my life
他希望我能開啓人生的新一章
with a clean slate
毫無掛礙
and this allows me
因爲他的幫助
to put the money I was putting towards debt repayment into savings.
我把本打算用於償還貸款的錢存了起來
I’m not sure
我自己也不太確定
what the point of this post was.
這篇文章想要表達什麼主題
I love my dad so much
我非常愛我的父親
and I’m appreciative of him
對他我十分崇敬
for giving me the gift of no debts.
爲他賜予我零債務的這份厚禮
It also feels good to be recognized
能被人理解,也讓我十分愉悅
for doing a good job raising my daughter.
有人明白我撫養女兒的辛苦
And to be told that
還有人告訴我
living independently is a good thing.
過獨立的生活是一件好事
I often feel guilty
現在我時常感到愧疚
for not being very open with my parents.
因過去沒有對父母這般開誠佈公

爸爸給了我一千美元