當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 生命中的小瞬間

生命中的小瞬間

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.98W 次

It was the first day of April,
這是四月的第一天

生命中的小瞬間

but Mother Nature hadn't gotten the message.
可是大自然母親卻似乎忘了送來春天的消息

Like some bad April Fool's Day joke
就像愚人節的一些糟糕的玩笑一樣

the ground was hard and frozen when I walked outside.
我走到戶外,發現大地乾涸,霜凍未消

The grass and few daffodils that had bloomed were covered in frost.
只有幾株剛萌芽的小草和水仙,被覆蓋在寒霜之下


The single dandelion that had popped its head through the ground
一株孤零零的蒲公英好不容易從泥土裏鑽出頭來


had closed up again in the below freezing cold.
卻遇到零度以下的嚴寒,只得又萎縮起來


I watched the sun peeking over the trees
我看着太陽從樹林背後窺視着大地


and wondered if Spring was ever going to arrive.
心裏懷疑着,春天真的會來臨


As the day wore on, however,
可是,隨着白晝漸暖


the sun began to warm the cold air.
太陽開始給寒冷的空氣加溫


The frost slowly receded on my car windows
車窗上的白霜慢慢消融


and the grass turned wet
小草變得溼潤起來


as the temperatures crept above freezing.
氣溫升到了零度以上


By the afternoon I was even able to slip my jacket off
到了下午,我甚至可以把夾克衫脫下來了


and for the first time in many weeks walk around outside in just my shirt sleeves.
數月以來第一次,我可以穿着薄襯衣四處走動


I decided then to take my dogs out for a nice long walk in the sunshine.
我決定牽着幾條狗去曬曬太陽,來場愉快的,長長的散步


It felt so good just being outside.
無需其他,僅僅是呆在戶外,已經讓我開懷不已


It didn't matter that there was still a chill in the air.
空氣中仍有一絲寒意,但是沒有關係


I had hope that warmer days would soon arrive.
我有了希望,相信天氣不久就會轉暖


It was at that moment that I saw a tiny, single, white butterfly fluttering around.
就在這個時候,我看到一隻蝴蝶撲閃着翅膀飛來飛去,這是一隻小小的白色蝴蝶,孤孤單單的


I remembered how much my Mom had loved butterflies when she was here on earth
我突然想起,母親在世的時候曾經多麼喜愛蝴蝶


and how many times she had sent them to me to help me carry on after she was not there.
她離世之後,多少次當我跌入低谷,她託蝴蝶來鼓勵我堅持下去


I knelt down and smiled at the little guy.
我屈膝對那隻小傢伙報以微笑


I spoke to him gently while he flew in circles around my head
它圍着我的腦袋盤旋,我對它輕聲低語


and waved goodbye when he flew off back towards the sky.
最後它展翅飛回空中,我揮手向它告別


It was a magical moment
這真是神奇的一刻


and even though it was still quite cold for April,
儘管相較往年的四月天氣溫仍然很低


it was Springtime in my soul.
我心中已經感受到了春天的暖意


I know that this was only a moment in my life.
我知道這只是我生命中一個小小的瞬間


But life happens in the moment.
但我們不就是活在這樣一個個小小的瞬間裏嗎


Our lives are nothing more than a million moments, one after another.
我們的生活就是數百萬個這樣的小瞬間相互連接組成的


Each moment we use to love, to laugh, to uplift ourselves,
我們用每個瞬間去愛,去歡笑,去鼓舞自己


and to help others makes life better for everyone.
讓每個人的生活更加美好

Embrace all of your moments then.
去擁抱你擁有的每個時刻吧!

Use them well.
好好利用它們

Live them with love.
用愛灌注它們

Each one of them is a gift.
每個瞬間都是一個禮物