當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 第526期:當你運氣好到爆時, 用英文怎麼表達呢?

第526期:當你運氣好到爆時, 用英文怎麼表達呢?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.34W 次

早上起牀,沒有什麼比一段超級能量的音樂更加讓人清醒了。Coldplay 的Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall 就給我一種渾身過電,奔跑中興奮地追逐的晨光的狂喜。歡快的節奏和帶感的貝斯,還有馬汀獨特的鼻音超重的唱腔,不信你們聽:

And all the kids they dance all the kids dance all night
孩子們啊不知疲倦的通宵跳着舞
Until Monday morning feels another life
不知不覺,週一的早晨悄悄降臨,又是一個新的開始
I turn the music up
我將音樂音量調大
I'm on a roll this time
我這次鴻運當頭
And heaven is in sight
天堂觸手可及

第526期:當你運氣好到爆時, 用英文怎麼表達呢?

Origin

The phrase dates back to the time when gambling was a common occurrence. When someone kept rolling the dice it meant that they were winning. It is derived from the idea when something starts rolling, it will continue to do so if there is no outside force that stops it. The phrase was used to describe a prolonged winning streak.
這個短語可以追溯到賭博普遍存在的時期。當有人持續擲骰子時,就意味着他們贏了。這個短語取自於如果某物沒有外界干涉,一直轉動的狀態。這個短語被用來形容長時間的連勝。

on a roll: having a long period of success or good fortune
運氣好;超常發揮;做得很順

Example Sentences
Our team has won eleven out of twelve matches this season. We are on a roll.
我們隊在本賽季的十二場比賽中贏了十一場。我們實在是超常發揮了。

I am going to bet on the hockey tonight. Our team has been on a roll this season.
今晚我要賭曲棍球。本賽季我們隊一直處於領先狀態。

Their party is on a roll this year. I think they are going to win the election.
他們的政黨今年在運氣很好。我認爲他們會贏得選舉。

想知道卡卡老師的發音祕訣?關注微信公衆號 卡卡課堂