當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1994期:以其人之道換其人之身,以牙還牙

迷你對話學地道口語第1994期:以其人之道換其人之身,以牙還牙

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.13W 次

Dialogue:

ing-bottom: 55.31%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1994期:以其人之道換其人之身,以牙還牙

A: John beat me black and blue yesterday.

約翰把我打得鼻青臉腫。

B: Why?

爲什麼?

A: Because I told the teacher about his cheating in the exam.

因爲我告訴老師他考試作弊。

B: He goes too far.

他太過分了。

A: I'm determined to pay him back in his own coin.

我想以牙還牙。

B: You can never do that.

你千萬別那麼樣。

一, 詞海拾貝

pay someone back him one’s own coin(以其人之道還治其人之身,以牙還牙)

e.g. He was determined to take revenge; to pay them back in their own coin for the wrongs they had done to him.

他發誓要報復——他們對他做了那麼多壞事,他要以其人之道還治其人之身。

e.g Last time I went to see him, he gave me a cool reception. And today I am going to pay him back in the his coin.

他在上次我去看他時,他待我很冷淡,所以我今天要以其人之道還治其人之身。

e.g. My boyfriend always arrives late. Last night I decided to pay him back in his own coin by keeping him waiting for half an hour.

因爲我的男朋友約會總是遲到,所以我昨晚決定以牙還牙治他一下,讓他等了半小時。

e.g. I told her if she did me any harm I would pay her back in her own coin for tat.

我告訴她如果她傷害我,我會對她以牙還牙的。

二, 語彙積累

1. black and blue :遍體鱗傷的,青一塊紫一塊的

e.g. He said he'd cowhide me till I was black and blue if I didn't raise some money for him.

他說要是我不弄點錢給他,他就得把我揍得渾身發青發紫。

e.g. The smugglers pounced on him and beat him black and blue.

走私販們一擁而上,把他打得遍體鱗傷。

2. cheat in the exam:考試作弊

e.g. Geroge cheated in the science exam.

喬治在自然科考試中作弊。

e.g. The professor was angry at John for cheating in the exam.

教授對約翰考試作弊十分氣惱。

3. go too far:做得過分

e.g. Don' t go too far in the matter, you may get into trouble if you do.

這件事別做得太過分了,否則你會招來麻煩的。