當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1304期:與......交往

迷你對話學地道口語第1304期:與......交往

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.31W 次

第一,迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1304期:與......交往

A: I am not a name dropper like Jim.

我和Jim 不一樣,不是一個到處留名的人。

B: No, he isn’t. He just likes to rub elbows with people who are interested in art.

不,他也不是。他只是想和有藝術興趣的人交往。

A: I do not want to argue with you. When I talked to him, I would think he has dinner with our President once a week.

我不想和好你爭論。當我和他談話時,他給我一種印象——他是每週和我們總經理共進晚餐的人。

B: How come you have such an impression of him? I think he is all right.

你怎麼會對他有這種印象呢?我認爲他倒不錯。

第二,地道表達

1. 表達法:

rub elbows with :與……交往

2. 拓展範例

e.g. He likes to rub elbows with important people. It gives him a feeling that he's important too.

他喜歡與要人交往,這使他感覺到自己也顯要起來。

e.g. If you travel across America by bus, you rub elbows with all sorts of people. You'll meet older retired people, young students and others who ride the bus because it's cheaper than flying.

要是你乘長途汽車到美國各地旅行的話,你就會接觸到各種人。你會碰到退了休的老年人、年輕的學生等。他們坐長途汽車是因爲這比乘飛機便宜。

第三,好詞秒語

a name dropper:喜歡留名的人

e.g. Most social climbers are name-droppers.

絕大部分削尖腦袋往上流社會鑽營的人,大多喜歡提著名人士的名字。

be interested in:對……感興趣

e.g. Among all the merchandise, I was interested in the cotton piece in particular.

在所有商品中, 我對棉布特別感興趣。

argue with:和……爭吵

e.g. Don't argue with me, my decision is final.

不要和我爭辯了,我的決定是最終決定。

have an impression of:對……有一種印象

e.g. Please send me also your Portfolio that I have an impression of your previous work.

請給我你的投資組合,我也有你以前的工作的印象。

e.g. Usually, when we see or talk to a person we have an impression of this person.

當看見一個人或者與一個人交談的時候,我們通常會對這個人有印象。

once a week:一週一次

e.g. Each student has to hand in a composition once a week.

每個學生每週必須交一篇作文。