當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第265期:嚇得要命

迷你對話學地道口語第265期:嚇得要命

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.89W 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第265期:嚇得要命

A: When she told me that she would marry no man but Dick, my heart was almost in my mouth.

當他告訴我除了迪克她誰也不嫁時,我嚇得要命。

B: You were scared, too? I dared not tell you my feeling when I heard that. I almost go faint.

你也很害怕?我都沒敢告訴你我聽到這個消息時的感覺,我幾乎要暈了。

A: I could not and can’t make out the reason why she would set her heart on a man like Dick. He plays the field with many girls.

我以前不能,現在也不能找出她只愛迪克的原因。他對許多女孩子都是逢場作戲。

B: But Sarah says she does not care, so long as he loves her.

但是薩拉告訴我她不在乎,只要他愛她。

地道表達:

one’s heart be in one’s mouth

解詞釋義:

one’s heart be in one’s mouth與漢語口語中的“心跳到嗓子眼裏”的說法幾乎形合意切。此語常用來比喻“嚇得夠嗆”和“膽戰心驚”。此外,此語還可以說成“have one’s heart in one’s mouth”或“with one’s heart on one’s mouth”。

支持範例:

"Gosh, Mary," said John, "My heart is in my mouth whenever I see you."

約翰說:“天啊,瑪麗,不管那次見到你,我都嚇得要命。”
It was a touching scene. My heart was in my mouth the whole time.

那真是驚心動魄的一幕,我的心一直跳到嗓子眼裏。
I had my heart in my mouth when I heard the national anthem.

當我聽到國歌時,我的心跳到了嗓眼子裏。
I had my heart in my mouth when I went to ask the boss for more money.

我去向老闆再要一些錢時心跳到了嗓子眼兒裏。

詞海拾貝:

1. make out:把......清楚;理解;明白

At first I thought it was an accident, but as far as I can make out, the police consider that's unlikely.

起先我還以爲是一場意外,但是據我瞭解,警方認爲那不太可能。

The poem is so complicated that I cannot make out its meaning.

這首詩太複雜,我理解不了它的意思。

2. set her heart on:決心要......,很想要......

Ann hasset her heart on going to the festival.

安一心要去參加慶祝會。

Is Mary able to cotton with the man she's set her heart on?

我能與她傾心的男子和睦相處嗎?

She has set her heart on going to work in the border regions.

她下定決心到邊疆去工作。

She has set her heart on having a pearl necklace for her birthday.

她非常希望在她生日能得到一串珠寶項鍊。

3. play the field:(做事,戀愛)不專一,三心二意

He preferred play the field than go steady.

比起愛情專一,他更喜歡到處拈花惹草。

In general, I don't think she's a person that loves to date and play the field.

一般來說,我不覺得她是一個喜歡約會、喜歡遊戲情場的人。

You'll never get Mark to go steady with you. He likes to play the field.

你跟馬克的關係永遠也穩定不下來。他喜歡廣交女朋友。

4. so long as:只要

So long as we keep level - headed, there is no cause for alarm.

只要我們頭腦清醒, 就不怕。

You will do all right so long as you follow my advice.

只要你聽我的建議,你一定會做好的。

So long as one keeps calm, one doesn't feel the heat too much.

心靜自然涼。

So long as what you do is right, I'll go along with you.

只要你們做得對,我都隨着。