當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第248期:收支平衡

迷你對話學地道口語第248期:收支平衡

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.25W 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第248期:收支平衡

A: I’m fed up with marriage.

我對結婚厭倦透了。

B: Why do you say so? Everyone admires that you have a good wife.

爲什麼?每個人都羨慕你有個還妻子呀。

A: Oh, no. When we were poor, we often tried our best to make ends meet. It was a hard time.

哦,不是這樣。我們窮的時候都要盡力保持收支平衡,那時非常難熬的日子。

B: But now you are rich.

但是你們現在有錢了。

A: And we have some squabbles on some boring things.

可是我們在一些無聊的事情上爭吵。

B: This is ordinary marriage life.

這是正常的婚姻生活啊!

地道表達:

make the ends meet

解詞釋義:

end的本義爲“盡頭”。此語的字面意思是“使得兩頭碰面”,意爲“支出與收支這兩個金額能保持一致”,意即“錢夠花”。

支持範例:

Eg. We can't afford to buy this house because we won't make the ends meet.

我們買不起這房子,因爲我們將入不敷出。

Eg. I have scarcely enough money to make ends meet at the moment, let alone lend you any.

我目前都入不敷出,更別說借錢給你了。

Eg. They could not earn enough to make ends meet for the whole family.

他們掙的錢不夠應付全家的開支。

Eg. After her husband was laid off, the wife tried every means to make ends meet.

丈夫下崗了,妻子想盡辦法讓家庭的收支平衡。

詞海拾貝:

1. be fed up with:受夠了,對......厭倦了

Eg. I am fed up with his laziness and carelessness.

我受夠了他的懶惰和粗心。

Eg. I am rather fed up with your complaints.

我真的厭倦了你的抱怨

Eg. I'm fed up with this wet weather.

我對這陰雨天氣厭倦極了。

Eg. I am fed up with your temper.

我討厭你的壞脾氣。

2. try one’s best:盡力,努力

Eg. One should try one's best to serve the people.

一個人應該盡最在努力爲人民服務。

We must try our best to lay his doubts.

我們要盡力消除他的顧慮。

3. have some squabbles(on):爭吵,鬥嘴,吵架

Eg. I have some squabbles on money with my husband.

我和我丈夫經常爲錢爭吵。