迷你對話學地道口語第2052期:休息片刻,歇口氣
情景對話:
A: You seem very happy.
你很開心呀。
B: Yeah, I've just finished the term paper. I've been doing it since last monday.
是呀,我剛剛完成我的學期論文,自從上個星期一以來我就一直在寫這篇論文。
A: So now you could take a breather. Would you like to dine out tonight?
所以你現在可以鬆口氣了,你願意今天晚上出去吃飯嗎?
B: Sounds great! It's on me this time.
好主意,今天我請客。
一, 詞海拾貝
take a breather:休息片刻,歇口氣
e.g. After two hours of discussion, I suggested that we take a breather but my colleagues insisted on continuing.
兩個小時的討論後,我提議休息片刻,但是同事們堅持要繼續。
e.g. It was midnight before Xiangzi, who had been on the go non-stop, could take a breather. (駱駝祥子)
一直轉轉到十二點,祥子才找到嘆口氣的工夫。
You can go ahead on the hike if you want, I'm going to stop here and take a breather.
如果你願意,你可以繼續徒步旅行,我要在這裏停下來喘口氣。
The senator is taking a breather from his campaign to spend some time with his family.
這位參議員在競選期間騰出些時間來陪伴家人。
二, 語彙積累
dine out:出去吃晚餐
e.g. Miller used to dine out on his popularity as a playwright.
米勒過去常靠着他劇作家的聲望被邀赴宴。
e.g. On this occasion the young man was very sure that Mr. Jackson would rather have had him dine out.
眼下,年輕人十分明白Jackson先生巴不得他在外面吃飯。
三, 短句口譯
中:我請客。
英:It is on me.