當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2024期:說話嚴謹,守口如瓶

迷你對話學地道口語第2024期:說話嚴謹,守口如瓶

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.09W 次

情景對話:

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2024期:說話嚴謹,守口如瓶

A: How about your exam?

你考試考得怎麼樣?

B: Sorry, I can't tell you.

抱歉我不能告訴你。

A: Why not? Are your lips sealed?

爲什麼?你的嘴被封住了嗎?

B: No. Just because I failed in the exam.

不,只是因爲我考得不好。

1. 詞彙拾貝

seal one’s slips

exp. To be tight-mouthed. (說話嚴謹,守口如瓶

e.g. John wanted to talk, but Mary told him to keep seal his lips.

約翰想說,但瑪麗要他守口如瓶。

e.g. She seals her lips. So far she has not breathed a word about that.

她的嘴很緊,直到現在對那件事她也沒有吐露一個字。

e.g. I am determined to find out the secret of her sealing her lips toward her mother.

我得弄明白她爲什麼對她母親守口如瓶。

2. 語彙積累

fail in:失敗

e.g. By my calculation, 5% of the students will fail in the exam.

據我估計,百分之五的學生不能通過這次考試。

e.g. You will bring the blame of others upon yourself if you fail in this.

如果你在這件事上失敗了, 就會招來別人的非議。