當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第293期:Ecuadorian Food 厄瓜多爾飲食

美語情景對話 第293期:Ecuadorian Food 厄瓜多爾飲食

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.07K 次

Todd: So, Jose, can you tAlk about the food in Ecuador?

託德:何塞,你能談談厄瓜多爾的食物嗎?

Jose: Yes, I was saying that the Andes is where potatoes and corn and many other kinds of food come, I mean, potatoes for example, that was so important for Europe, during the famine in Europe, so in that sense..

何塞:好的,我曾經說過,安第斯山是土豆、玉米和其他作物的產地,以土豆爲例,在歐洲經歷饑荒的時期,它對歐洲來說非常重要,所以在這層意義上……

Todd: Wait, potatoes come from Ecuador?

託德:等等,土豆產自厄瓜多爾?

Jose: Of course!

何塞:當然!

Todd: They do!

託德:是嗎?

Jose: Yes, we have more than 300 different kinds of potatoes.

何塞:沒錯,我們國家有300多種土豆。

Todd: No kidding! Wow!

託德:別開玩笑了!哇!

Jose: Yes, yes, yes! Potatoes and also corn from the Andes

何塞:對,對,沒錯!土豆和玉米都產自安第斯山。

Todd: Wow!

託德:哇!

Jose: Yes. Didn't you know?

何塞:嗯,你不知道嗎?

Todd: No, no! That's embarrassing.

託德:不,不知道!這可真尷尬。

Jose: And do you know, of course for us, potatoes and corn and also rice. It's one of the main dishes, I think, or pork also, and we use lots of picante sauce, chili sauce. Ah, corn is great. Corn with fresh cheese.

何塞:你知道,對我們來說,土豆、玉米和大米是主食,我想,可能豬肉也是,我們會用大量的香辣醬、辣椒醬來調味。嗯,玉米非常棒。玉米和鮮奶酪一起烹飪。

Todd: Corn with cheese?

託德:玉米和奶酪?

Jose: Yes, yes, yes, yes!

何塞:對,是的,對,沒錯!

Todd: How do you make it?

託德:那怎麼做?

Jose: Just you take the corn when it's fresh and boil it and you just put it with out anything, no salt, no butter, no anything, and fresh cheese.

何塞:將新鮮的玉米煮熟,什麼都不要放,不放鹽,不放黃油,什麼都不要放,只放鮮奶酪。

Todd: No kidding, so you melt the cheese on the corn?

託德:別開玩笑了,你把奶酪融化了放在玉米上?

Jose: No, no, no, no!

何塞:不,不,不是的,不是!

Todd: So the cheese is hard?

託德:是硬質奶酪嗎?

Jose: It is fresh cheese.

何塞:是鮮奶酪。

Todd: Oh, I don't understand.

託德:哦,我不明白。

Jose: Fresh cheese! Do you, you have different kinds of cheese. (Yeah) You have this kind of fresh cheese. You have basically no salt, and it just made. Usually the cheese you have to mature the cheese.

何塞:鮮奶酪!你,有不同種類的奶酪。(對)你要用鮮奶酪。不放鹽,就那樣做就可以。通常那個奶酪要發酵成成熟的奶酪。

Todd: Oh, I got you! So it's more liquid?

託德:哦,我明白了!傾向於液態?

Jose: No, no, it's just called fresh cheese.

何塞:不,不,那就叫鮮奶酪。

Todd: OK, well, I have to try it.

託德:好,我要嘗試一下。

Jose: Yes, of course.

何塞:好,當然了。

Todd: Wow! That sounds good. And can you get Japanese food in Ecuador?

託德:哇!聽起來真棒。厄瓜多爾有日式食物嗎?

Jose: Yeah, it's very expensive. You can do it because of course we have the Pacific coast, we have very good, what can I say, fish, and actually Japanese fisherman, they go to the Galapagos area and they pay certain fees. I don't know when, what they pay, and they catch all the tuna they want, so we have good, very good tuna, yeah, and many different kinds of fish so you can have sashimi and sushi and in Quito you have maybe two or three different Japanese restaurants. All of them very upscale at least.

何塞:有,非常貴。這可以做到,因爲我們有太平洋海岸,我們有非常棒的魚類,實際上日本的漁民會到加拉帕戈斯羣島去捕魚,當然他們要支付一定的費用。我不清楚他們要支付多少,他們會捕獵金槍魚,我們擁有非常棒的金槍魚,還有許多不同種類的魚類,所以可以做生魚片和壽司,在基多大概有兩或三種不同的日式餐廳。所有的都是高檔餐廳。

美語情景對話 第293期:Ecuadorian Food 厄瓜多爾飲食

重點講解:
1. in that sense
在這層意義上;從這個意義上來看;
eg. So in that sense it almost discourages you.
在某種意義上講,是很打擊人的。
eg. In that sense, Hewlett's role might be likened to that of a fine art dealer, sourcing choice European masters for discerning collectors.
從此意義上講,休利特更像是一位藝術商人,將精選的歐洲大師推薦給好眼力的收藏家。
2. different kinds of
各種各樣;不同種類;
eg. In a big department store, there are numerous departments selling different kinds of goods.
大百貨公司裏有許多部門分售各類商品。
eg. The soup was concocted from up to a dozen different kinds of fish.
這種湯是用多達十幾種不同的魚熬製而成的。
3. at least
至少,起碼;
eg. He should at least have come to say good-by.
他至少也該來道個別(然而卻沒來)。
eg. To go abroad to study, you should at least master the language.
要到國外讀書,你最起碼要掌握那種語言。