當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第206期:最喜歡的事情 Favorites

美語情景對話 第206期:最喜歡的事情 Favorites

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.41W 次

Todd: OK, Shawn, I'm going to talk about your favorites.

託德:好的,肖恩,來談一下你最喜歡的事情吧。

Shawn: Sure.

肖恩:好的。

Todd: What's your favorite color?

託德:你最喜歡什麼顏色?

Shawn: I say, green.

肖恩:綠色。

Todd: Green.

託德:嗯,綠色。

Shawn: Yes.

肖恩:沒錯。

Todd: OK. And what's your favorite fruit?

託德:那你最喜歡什麼水果?

Shawn: My favorite fruit: orange.

肖恩:我最喜歡的水果是橙子。

Todd: Orange!

託德:橙子!

Shawn: Oranges. I love oranges. Very sweet and good for the body.

肖恩:對,橙子。我喜歡橙子。很甜,而且對身體有好處。

Todd: Yeah, have you had any of the oranges in Japan?

託德:對。你在日本買過橙子嗎?

Shawn: I've had a couple. Much better than the ones I have back in Canada.

肖恩:買過。比我在加拿大買的好多了。

Todd: Oh, really. OK. Um, what's your favorite season?

託德:哦,是嗎。那,你最喜歡什麼季節?

Shawn: I'd say spring, cause it's a combination of warm weather, at the same time it's not hot like it is in the summer. In spring it's a bit cool. You can walk around very relaxed. It the best. It's a combination of all the seasons in one.

肖恩:春天,因爲天氣很暖和,同時又不會像夏天那麼熱。春天稍微涼爽些。你可以悠閒地四處轉轉。這非常好。春天把所有季節的優點集合起來了。

Todd: OK. what's your favorite movie?

託德:好的。那你最喜歡的電影是什麼?

Shawn: My favorite movie! I'd have to say "Gladiator." Russel Crow. It's a tragic movie about a very strong leader who, how-should-I-say, triumphs over, how-should-I-say, over very overpowering conflicts. It's, um, plus, I'm a bit of an action movie buff. I know it's sad to hear but, it's definitely an interesting movie.

肖恩:我最喜歡的電影!那一定是《角鬥士》了。拉塞爾·克勞主演的。那部電影講述了一名強大領袖的悲劇,要怎麼說呢,他戰勝了強大的對手。嗯,另外,我熱衷於動作電影。我知道這聽起來很悲傷,不過那絕對是一部有意思的電影。

美語情景對話 第206期:最喜歡的事情 Favorites

重點講解:
1. a combination of
結合;聯合;混合;
eg. Their method of negotiating is a combination of the carrot and the stick.
他們談判的方法是軟硬兼施。
eg. A combination of these two tricks makes for some interesting effects.
這兩種戲法的結合會產生一些有趣的效果。
2. at the same time
同時;然而;不過;
eg. She was somehow able to look sad and cheerful at the same time.
她能夠做出又悲又喜的神情。
eg. I don't think I set out to come up with a different sound for each album. At the same time, I do have a sense of what is right for the moment.
我不覺得我一開始就特意爲每張專輯設定了不同的曲風。然而,我確實知道當時想要的是什麼感覺。
3. triumph over
戰勝;克服;
eg. The whole world looked to her as a symbol of good triumphing over evil.
全世界都把她視爲正義戰勝邪惡的象徵。
eg. She was confident that she would ultimately triumph over adversity.
她相信自己最終能戰勝逆境。