留學生在中國 第19期 Cats and Dog 貓和狗 貓|狗|寵物|中美
Chhapter 19 cats and dogs.
第19章 貓和狗。David:Do you have any pets?
你養寵物嗎?You:No.
不養。
David:Is it common for people to have pets in China?
中國人喜歡養寵物嗎?You:It is common nowadays for people to have dogs but only in recnet years.
人們現在似乎很喜歡養狗,但是也是最近幾年纔開始的。David:Dogs are the most popular pets in the U.S. also. Dogs are called "man's best friends", since they are very loyal. How about cats?
狗也是美國最受歡迎的寵物。因爲它對主人很忠誠,因此又被叫做“人類最好的朋友”。貓呢?You:In the countryside many people have cats, but in modern cities people prefer having a dog. Perhaps some people in the city like to have cats as well, but I am not sure.
農村人都喜歡養貓,但是城裏人更喜歡養狗。城市人也有喜歡養貓的,我說不準。David:Do you like cats?
你喜歡貓嗎?You:It's hard to say.I don't really like cats, but if someone in my family wanted to have a cat, I would say yes. I myself wouldn't bring up the subject.
這很難說。我不怎麼喜歡貓,不過如果家裏有人想要養一隻,我也不會反對的。不過我不會提起這類的話題。David:What do you think about this cat? Would you want it live in your house?
你覺得這隻貓怎麼樣?你想要在家裏養一隻這樣的貓嗎?You:It's too big to believe.
這貓太大了,真讓人難以置信。David:It's a very big cat.
它確實很大。You:Is the picture for real?
這張照片上的貓是真的嗎?David:This is a real cat. The owner must have fed it very much. It looks like a lion. So big.
是真的。這家主人一定餵它吃了好多東西。看起來像頭小獅子,真大。You:It's a disgusting picture.
不過我不太喜歡這樣的貓。David:Oh,I'm sorry.
哦,原來這樣。You:I'm still wondering whether it's real or not.
而且我懷疑這究竟是不是一隻真的貓。