當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語聽力 > 有聲雙語美文:認真去愛,認真去生活

有聲雙語美文:認真去愛,認真去生活

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.09W 次

 

Last Saturday I just attended one of my best friends' wedding along with several other close friends.

上週日,我和幾個很親密的朋友一起,參加了一個摯友的婚禮。

We laughed. We danced. We celebrated. And we shed tears, together.

我們一起開懷大笑,跳舞,慶祝,流淚。

The wedding was a total sensation .

這場婚禮非常震撼。

And I think it proved something to me.

我覺得,它向我證明了一件事。

That is: for all the differences among us and all the forces that try to divide us, they will never exceed the power of love to unite us.

那就是:儘管我們彼此之間有千般不同,儘管會有各種力量企圖讓我們離散,但它們永遠不可能戰勝我們之間的愛,是愛讓我們團結在了一起。

長按圖片保存,用微信“掃一掃”,即可跟讀,練習口語

有聲雙語美文:認真去愛,認真去生活

We live in a world that distrusts feelings.

我們生活的這個世界並不信任情感。

Over and over, we are reminded that feelings are not as important as reason, that feelings are childish, irresponsible and dangerous.

我們總是被反覆提醒着:情感沒有理性重要,情感是幼稚的,是不負責任的,是危險的。

We were taught to ignore them, control them or deny them.

我們被教導着去無視情感、控制情感、否認情感。

We barely understand what they are, where they come from and how they seem to understand us better than we undertand ourselves.

我們幾乎不知道它們到底是什麼、從哪裏來,也不知道它們爲何似乎比我們自己更瞭解我們自己。

But I know that feelings matter.

但我知道,情感是重要的。

Sometimes they are little, like when I smell cinnamon toast I miss my grandma.

有的時候,它們很微小,就像當我聞到肉桂土司的味道時就會開始想念奶奶。

And sometimes they are huge.

而有的時候它們又很巨大。

Reason helps us survive.

理智讓我們能夠存活於世。

But only by being completely honest with our feelings can we truly live.

但只有當我們坦誠接受自己的情感,我們才能真正地算是活着。

翻譯:能貓)