當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:小偷欠你的 我來還給你

雙語美文:小偷欠你的 我來還給你

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.06W 次

So, in fifth grade,

雙語美文:小偷欠你的 我來還給你

事情是這樣的,在我上五年級的時候


my backpack was stolen from my dad's car,

有人從我爸爸的車裏偷走了我的揹包


which had my binder

揹包裏有我的活頁夾


which had all my school stuff in it,

所有的課業資料都在裏面


and a few other valuables,

還有幾樣我十分珍視的東西


like I used to and still like to write stories,

比如,那時我很喜歡寫故事,現在我依舊如此


and it had notebooks in it

活頁夾裏有一個筆記本


that I had stories

裏面有我寫的故事


in that I have been working on for quite a while.

這些故事我已經認真琢磨了許久


And when my dad had come

那時我爸爸來到我的房間


and woken me up

叫醒我


to tell me that his car was broken into

告訴我他的車被人撬開了


and my backpack was stolen,

我的揹包被偷走了


I was devastated

我深受打擊


and crying for about a half an hour to an hour.

足足哭了將近一個小時


Then I decided to go to school with absolutely nothing.

然後,我決定不帶任何東西去上學


My 5th grade teacher, Miss Taylor,

五年級的老師,Taylor老師


was really sweet

是個非常好的人


and kind to me and understanding,

她十分和藹,又善解人意


and she gave me an extra binder that she had,

她把自己的一本超大號的活頁夾送給了我


and to help personalize it,

爲了標明它歸屬於我


she got out a piece of paper,

她拿出一頁紙


and started writing my name in a cool font,

開始用非常好看的字體寫我的名字


because she was really good at fonts.

她的藝術字寫的非常好看


She then gave it to me

接着,她把它交給我


and said

說到


 "here, color it in",

給你,把它圖上顏色吧


and I was devastated of her kindness.

我爲她的善良感動不已


But still to this day

可是直到今天


I haven't colored it in.

我還沒有給它圖上顏色


But sometimes

不過,有時


I still look at it

我還是會看着那本活頁冊


and appreciate what she had done for me that day.

欣賞之中想着,那一天她爲我做了一件多麼好的事呀


But here's something even better:

不過,那天還發生了更好的事情


later that same day,

同一天晚些時候


Miss Taylor had gotten a call from the office

Taylor老師從辦公室裏接了一個電話


and when she had gotten off the phone,

當她放下電話時


she had said exactly this:

我至今清清楚楚記得她這樣說道


 "Zoe, A miracle has happened!

Zoe,奇蹟發生了!


Someone found your binder!",

有人找到了你的活頁冊


And I zoomed down to the office,

我一路衝到辦公室


and got my binder.

終於拿回了自己的活頁冊


It was really stuffed full,

裏面塞得滿滿的


because the person that had found it

因爲找到這本活頁冊的人


had stuffed all the other stuff

把其他的東西也塞了進去


that the robber had dumped out all the stuff in my backpack

小偷把我揹包裏所有的東西都倒了出來


and just took my backpack,

只拿走了我的揹包


but that person had stuffed all that stuff inside of my binder.

撿到的人把所有被倒出來的東西都塞進了我的活頁冊


When I opened it

當我打開它時


I saw all my stuff including an envelope.

我看到自己所有的東西都在裏面,還有一隻信封


On the back of the envelope

信封背面上


it they had written

寫着一行字


"I'm sorry all your stuff got stolen.

我和抱歉,你的揹包被偷走了


but I hope this helps"

但我希望這會讓你感到欣慰


and I opened the envelope

我打開信封


and it had $20 in it,

發現裏面有20美元


that the person that found all the stuff

是那個找到所有這些東西的人


had put in the envelope

把這些錢放進信封


so that I could buy more school stuff!

好讓我重新去買學校裏需要的文具!


I just think that that was such a kind act!

我想,這是多麼令人讚歎的善舉!


So it turns out that

所以,這件事證明


there are lots of people out there that are kind,

世界上有許多人,他們心底良善


and can bring back faith and hope to humanity,

可以讓人們重拾對人性的信任和希望


and that teachers can make the best of the worst.

而辛勤的園丁,能夠讓最壞的成爲最好的


So if something bad happens

所以,如果糟糕的事情發生了


and you ever feel down,

如果你感到沮喪


just remember that,

請記住


if life gives you lemons

如果生活給了你酸澀的檸檬


make lemonade,

不妨做成爽口的檸檬汁


and remember that

請記住


there are some good people out there in the world.

世界上總有一些好人在