當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文美文著述 > 高中英語美文摘抄閱讀

高中英語美文摘抄閱讀

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.14W 次

英語美文不僅能使我們的品格、人生修養和境界等得到提升,是高中學習英語很好的閱讀材料。下面本站小編爲大家帶來高中英語美文摘抄閱讀,希望大家喜歡!

高中英語美文摘抄閱讀
  高中英語美文摘抄:我最喜歡的顏色

whose colors puzzled me so much in my childhood,in the blue sky after a heavy rain?

在我童年時,彩虹的色彩讓我大爲不解,在一場大雨後出現在藍天中的彩虹。

Green is,and will always be,my favorite color.

可現在只有綠色是我最喜歡的顏色,將來也是如此。

Somebody told me that green is the mixture of twoprimary colors yellow and blue

有人告訴我,綠色是兩種顏色的混合物--黃色和藍色,

just as most green in nature is given life by blue sky and yellow earth.

正如自然界中的大多數綠色生命是由藍天和黃土地孕育出來的一樣。

Since I love life, I love the color green.

因爲我熱愛生命,所以我喜歡綠色。

The color green always gives me

綠色總是給我

an impression of being full of vitality and vigour.

充滿生機和活力的感覺。

When somebody is called an"evergreen tree",

當有人被稱爲"常青樹"時,

the appreciation and the admiration are showed from the words.

話語間充滿了欣賞和傾慕之情。

The color of green symbolizes hope.

綠色象徵希望,

When a despairing traveler in a desert sees a piece of far-away oasis,

當沙漠中一個絕望的旅行者看見遠方的一片綠洲時,

the hope of survival is sure to rise in his heart.

生存的希望就會從心底升起。

So the color green always inspires me.

所以,綠色總是鼓舞着我。

Maybe now you can understand why I prefer green to other colors.

也許現在你能明白爲什麼我喜歡綠色勝過其他顏色了吧。

  高中英語美文摘抄:心心相印

"Mom?"I instantly recognized the odd tone in mydaughter Maura's voice.

"媽媽?"從女兒莫娜的口語中,我立刻意識到有點不對勁。

"Mom,one of my friends in the dorm tried to killherself.

"媽媽,我宿舍裏有位同學要自殺。

She took made her throw them up,

她吃了許多安眠藥。我們已想辦法讓她吐了出來,

then sat up with her all night,talking. She's tried thisbefore,Mom."

還整夜陪她坐着,勸她。媽媽,她以前也試着這樣做過。"

"Did your friend get medical attention?"

"你的朋友看過醫生沒有?

I asked,trying to hit the right note in my own voice.

我強作鎮靜地問她。

"No,she's okay now, and she doesn't want us to report her."

"沒有,她現在一點事兒都沒有,而且她不要我們告訴別人。"

"You kids can't handle this kind of problem by yourselves,"

"你們還小,是無法處理這些事情的,"

I warned."Your friend needs professional help.

我告誡她。"你的朋友需要專業人士的幫助。

Tell your resident adviser what 'll know what to do."

把我的一些告訴你們的舍監。她會知道怎麼處理的。"

What a load for an 18-year-old.

對18歲的孩子而言,這個責任太大了。

"I was scared,Mom. You can't imagine how scared."

"媽媽,我好害怕。你根本就想象不出有多可怕啊。"

Yes,I can,Maura.I'm scared too--for your friend and for you.

不,我想象得出,莫娜,我也好擔心呀,擔心你的朋友,也擔心你呀。

"All we could do was to hold her hand and listen."

"我們所能做的就是握住她的手,聽她訴說。"

If only I could hold Maura's hand that very moment.

但願此刻我能握住莫娜的手。

After hanging up the phone,

打了電話之後,

I thought of all the right things I might have said,and didn't

我想起了我應該說而沒有說的所有的話。

Ours is an affectionate family,

雖然我們家是個溫馨的家。

but we are inclined to show,not tell our feelings.

但是我們都傾向於表現而不是說出自己的感受。

How do you hug a child long-distance?

怎麼去擁抱你那天各一方的孩子呢?

I had copied a poem to send to each of my college daughters

我總是給每個上大學的女兒抄寫一首詩寄給她們,

when,as now, the occasion warranted.

每當碰到像現在這樣的情況。

It was from a little book by Susan Polis Schutz called Don't Be Afraid to Love.

這首詩選自蘇珊.波利斯.舒爾茨的一本小冊子,書名是《大膽去愛》。

The jacket flyleaf said her poems strike a responsive chord with readers.

該書扉頁上的評論說她的詩歌可以引起讀者心靈的共鳴。

This one did for me:

這首詩確實適合我:

I am always here to understand you I am always here to laugh with you

我一直陪伴左右與你心心相印我總是在你身旁與你笑語吟吟

I am always here to cry with you I am always here to talk to you

我時時鞍前馬後與你同聲哭泣我天天端坐眼前與你促膝談心

I am always here to think with you I am always here to plan with you

我時刻如影隨形與你仔細思尋我經常與你相依相偎與你計議前程

even though we might not always be together

儘管我倆也許無法永不分離

please know that I am always here to love you

不過請你相信任天涯海角我愛你永遠是刻骨銘心

Maura called the day she got my letter.

莫娜收到我信的當天,就給我打來了電話。

Her friend was all right,she said,and got counseling.

她說,她的朋友平安無事,並且接受了勸告。

"I gave her a copy of the poem you sent

"我把你給我的那首詩抄了一份送給她,

and she is carrying it in her wallet for moral support.

她把那首詩放在錢包裏作爲精神支柱。

I put the original on the message board on my door."

我把那份原件貼在了房門的告示板上。"

My tongue tied again as it reached for something to say.

話到嘴邊我卻再次什麼都說不出來了。

"About that physics grade,"I changed the subject abruptly.

"物理成績怎麼樣,"我趕緊岔開話題。

"Now that this crisis is over,

"既然這個非常事件過去了,

you have to buckle down and work harder Maura."

你就應該埋頭苦幹好好本站,莫娜。"

on and on I went, playing the taskmaster,the preacher--

我重複了一遍又一遍,扮演着導師,牧師的角色,

at no loss at all for words in those roles.

不失時機地重複這些話語。

The following Saturday,there was a letter to me from now?

隨後的星期六,我收到了莫娜的一封信。這爲什麼呢?

She never wrote e I was too tough on her.

她是從不寫信的。也許我對她太苛刻了吧,

Is something so bad that she's afraid to tell me on the phone?

還是有什麼難言之隱不便在電話裏說呢?

The note was short:

信很短:

"Dear Mom: In case you were wondering,

親愛的媽媽:您毋須一天到晚擔驚受怕,

'I am always here to understand you.' Love,Maura.

'我一直陪伴左右,與您心心相印。'愛您的莫娜。

高中英語美文摘抄閱讀