商務禮節美語第156期:不言而喻的消息
Unspoken Messages
不言而喻的消息
陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作。他散會後跟同事Amy一起往外走。
(Office ambience)
A: CH, What happened to you during your presentation?
C: 你注意到什麼了嗎?
A: You were doing a great job. You obviously had done extensive research. You had good materials. You were completely confident until half-way through.
C: 這麼說你能看出我後半截很不自在?
A: Yes. You suddenly became unsure of your self.
C: 唉,都是因爲Mr. Stone, 上個月從紐約來的副總。
A: What about him?
C: 他根本沒看我,一直在看其他文件。
A: Did you try to ignore that?
C: 我也試着不去管他,可注意力就是集中不起來。
A: Did Mr. Stone do anything else?
C: 他還在椅子上轉來轉去,不斷看窗外。
A: He's the key decision maker these days.
C: 是啊,現在公司一切都是他說了算,更糟糕的是,他剛剛讓祕書通知我,要找我談話。
A: Try not to let this upset you too much until you meet with him. Let me know what happens, will you?
陳豪下午去找Amy。
A: How did things go with Mr. Stone?
C: 完全是虛驚一場。Mr. Stone還表揚我,說我工作很有成績。
A: That's great.
C: 看他早上開會時的表現,難道我的擔心是多餘的嗎?
A: You were reading his body language this morning and he clearly wasn't sending a positive message.
C: Body language? 肢體語言?
A: Words aren't the only way we communicate. We send messages with our bodies.
C: 那Mr. Stone的肢體語言爲什麼跟他的想法不一樣呢?
A: Perhaps he was distracted or had something else on his mind. Evidently he was listening to you, but that is not the impression you got.
C: 下次再遇到這種情況,我應該怎麼辦呢?
A: Normally, you could have stopped at that point and asked for questions or opinions, specifically addressing the person who didn't seem to be involved.
C: 停下來徵求意見和問題?可Mr. Stone是老闆啊?
A: In this case, you were in a tough spot since he is the vice-president.
C: 你別說,有了這件事,我今後肯定會特別注意自己的肢體語言。
A: That's a good lesson for all of us. Too often we send nonverbal messages without being aware of how others interpret them.
C: 這麼說來,很多誤解都是在不知不覺之中產生的。
A: Body language can be used to impress people or to turn them off. It is directly related to good manners if you think about it.
C: 肢體語言怎麼會跟一個人的禮貌和修養有關係呢?
A: Positive body language like giving someone your full attention and having a pleasant expression on your face are all part of showing courtesy and respect.
C: 注意聽別人講話本身就是對別人的尊重。