當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 商務禮節美語第150期:商務婚禮邀請函

商務禮節美語第150期:商務婚禮邀請函

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.31K 次

Invitation to the Business Wedding Event

商務禮節美語第150期:商務婚禮邀請函

商務婚禮邀請函

陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作。他中午吃飯在餐廳找到美國同事Amy。

(Office ambience)

C: Amy,能找到你,太好了。

A: Will you join me?

C: 好啊,我正好有事問你。

A: What is it?

C: 我有個同事兩個星期後結婚。

A: Where is the wedding going to be held?

C: 婚禮在北京舉行,但是因爲新郎和新娘都是美國人,所以要按美國的方式。

A: How interesting!

C: 他們不回美國去結婚,是因爲家裏人想到中國來玩。

A: I can't blame them for wanting to see this beautiful part of the world where their relatives live and work.

C: 這下我有機會體驗一下美國式的婚禮了,不過我也遇到了一些問題。

A: I can probably guess what some of them are.

C: 我記得你說過,要RSVP,就是不管能否出席,都要儘快跟人家說一聲。

A: So did you?

C: 邀請函裏夾了回執卡和信封,我已經填好寄出去了。

A: Sounds as if you have it all figured out, Chen Hao.

CH: 可我不知道應該送給他們什麼禮物。

陳豪和Amy坐下邊吃午飯。

C: 我想知道美國人結婚,一般送些什麼。

A: It is a tradition in change so you need to pay attention to what the bride and groom want.

C: 我怎麼能知道新郎新娘需要什麼呢?

A: In today's wedding world, couples often register for gifts with an online registry.

C: 什麼叫Online Registry?網上註冊?

A: It's a wedding site on the Internet. Couples use registries to indicate gifts they like or need. You just go to the site they indicate and order.

C: 哦,結婚的人可以上網註冊,把需要的禮物列出來,供親朋好友參考。可我怎麼找到那個網站呢?

A: If the bride and groom have registered, they will send you the website as part of the invitation or in a follow-up e-mail.

C: 邀請函上好像是有個網址,不過我當時沒太注意。好,我回去先看看他們註冊的禮品單子上都有些什麼。

A: That's the idea.

C: 我買好了禮物,婚禮那天一塊兒帶去。

A: Oops. Bad idea.

C: 爲什麼?我想看着他們打開禮物時高興的樣子。

A: Chen Hao, they will not open presents during the wedding ceremony or reception.

C: 幹嘛不拆禮物?

A: It is not part of the American tradition and it only complicates things.

C: 我不太明白。

A: When the bride and groom have left the event, a family member or friend has to gather any gifts that were brought to the wedding and be responsible for keeping them for the newly-weds until they return from their honeymoon.

C: 那不是很麻煩嗎?

A: It could be a lot to manage.

C: 我知道了,所以最好是事先買好禮物寄過去。

A: You got it!