當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 與時間有關的英語俚語(四)

與時間有關的英語俚語(四)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.26W 次

與時間有關的英語俚語(四)

44. A LAUGH A MINUTE

44.非常滑稽

Used to describe someone who is very funny

描述某人十分有趣


I love hanging out with Jenny, she’s a laugh a minute! You never get bored of her company.

我喜歡和詹妮一起玩,她超級搞笑!跟她在一起,你永遠不會感到無聊。

45. LIKE CLOCKWORK

45.有規律的

Used to describe something that happens at very regular times, at the same intervals without fail.

描述定期發生的動作或事件,分秒不差。


My cat used to wake me up every morning like clockwork, but nowadays she seems too old to care.

以前,貓咪每天早上都會把我叫醒,但是,她現在老了,好像什麼都不關心。

46. LIKE THERE’S NO TOMORROW

46.就像沒有明天

To do something fast or energetically as if it were your last opportunity to ever does it.

快速或精神飽滿地去做某事,就好像是最後一次機會。


You have to win this race Barry, when it’s time to go – just run like there’s no tomorrow!

巴里,你必須贏得這場比賽!是時候了——奔跑吧,就像沒有明天一樣!

47. LONG TIME NO SEE

47.好久不見

This means the speaker has not seen the other person for a very long time.

描述好久未見。


Hello Sarah! Long time no see! How have you been?

你好薩拉!好久沒見,最近怎麼樣?

48. MAKE MY DAY

48.令我開心

If something makes your day it makes you happy or satisfies you.

令某人感到快樂或滿足。


I just heard my favorite song on the radio and it made my day!

之聲播放的歌曲正是我喜歡的,我好開心!

49. A MILE A MINUTE

49.速度很快

To do something very quickly.

形容動作很快。


I couldn’t keep track of everything he was saying. He talks at a mile a minute!

我根本不知道他在講什麼。他語速太快了!

50. NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT

50.機不可失

People who say this belief that it is better to do something now than leave it for later, otherwise it might never get done.

正是做某事的好時機,機不可失。


You should go travelling now, don’t leave it for next year. There’s no time like the present!

你現在就應該出去遊玩,別拖到明年。沒有比現在更好的時機了!

51. NO TIME TO LOSE

51.刻不容緩

This means you have to get something started right away, otherwise it won’t be finished on time.

必須立即着手做某事,否則將無法按時完成。


We have to prepare the surprise before Jack gets home. Quickly, we’ve got no time to lose!

我們得在傑克回家前爲他準備好驚喜。來吧,我們沒時間能浪費了!

52. BEAT THE CLOCK

52.提前完成任務

This means to do something quickly before you run out of time.

提前完成某事。


I managed to beat the clock and complete my exam just in time!

我設法趕時間按時完成了考試!

53. A QUESTION/MATTER OF TIME

53.靜待時機

This is said before saying what you think will happen in the future.

只是時間問題,遲早的事。


He is so ignorant, it’s only a question of time before she gives up and leaves him!

他太無理了,她遲早會心灰意冷離開他!

54. A WHALE OF A TIME

54.玩得愉快

You say this when you have a great time and thoroughly enjoy yourself.

享受一段愉快的時光。


The theme park was so much fun. I had a whale of a time!

主題公園真有趣。我玩的很開心!

55. DAY TO DAY

55.日復一日

Something that happens as part of a usual routine.

一天又一天,不斷重複。


The day to day running of this office needs to be more efficient, nothing seems to get done on time!

這間辦公室的職員需要提升工作效率,他們似乎無法按時完成每項任務!

56. FROM NOW ON

56.從現在起

To begin doing something from now until some unknown time in the future.

從現在開始做某事,直到將來。


From now on, I will be much more careful when I decide to trust someone.

從現在開始,我一定會更加謹慎地將信任交於他人。

57. FROM TIME TO TIME

57.不時

To do something occasionally, not very often.

偶爾做某事。


I do think about joining a gym, or going for a run from time to time, but I’m always too busy.

我確實想過去健身房,或者偶爾跑跑步,但我總是很忙。