當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 初級口語教程(MP3附字幕) Part13:Comparison比較

初級口語教程(MP3附字幕) Part13:Comparison比較

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.83W 次


13 Comparison
比較
A:Both Bob and carl will become somebody in the 't you think so?
鮑伯和卡爾將來都了不得,你看呢?
B: Bob's talent can't to be named on the same day with Carl's.
不錯,但是鮑伯的才智可無法與卡爾同日而語
A:But Bob is more generous and ready to help.
但是鮑伯更慷慨、更樂於助人。
B:We cannot judge a man totally by that.
我們可不能以此判斷一個人。
A:Julia and Anne have both taken dance lessons.
朱莉婭和安妮都選了舞蹈課。
They want to be famous dancer,I think.
我想她們都想當有名的舞蹈家。
Yet Julia is not a patch on Anne because she's not as diligent and clever as Anne.
朱莉婭根本比不上安妮,因爲她的刻苦和悟性都不如安妮
A:I don't see much difference,anyway.
但是我卻沒看出有什麼差別。
A:Who's better at chess,Bill or Fred?
誰的棋玩得更好一些,比爾還是弗雷德?
B:Botd are superb in their skills.
兩個人的棋藝都不錯。
Anyhow,Fred is one up on Bill from my point of view.
但是我認爲弗雷德要略勝一籌。
A:You said it.
你說對了。
A:Mary sings much better than Susan,doesn't she?
瑪麗比蘇珊唱要好,對不對?
B: Mary is no match for Susan in painting.
是的.但是在繪畫方面瑪麗不是蘇珊的對手.
A:Maybe it's because Susan's parents are both painters.
也許是因爲蘇珊的父母都是畫家的緣故吧。
A:Plastic bags are widely used nowadays.
現在人們大量使用塑料袋。
B:But they're hard to be disposed of.
但是塑料很難處理掉。
A:In this aspect,I think,pater bags have the edge on plastic bags.
我認爲在這方面紙袋要比塑料袋強一點兒.
A:George speaks Japannese better than Frank.
喬治的日語比弗蘭克說得好。
B:Yet in writing,George has nothing on Frank.
但是寫得不如弗蘭克。
A:Therefore,I hope they could help each other and learn from each other.
所以我希望他倆能命相幫助,取長補短。
A:You're going go Dresden for sightseeing?B: I'm going by bus.
你要去德萊斯觀光嗎?不錯.我要坐公共汽車去.
A:I think a train journey is as fast as a bus journey.
我認爲坐火車與坐汽車一樣快。
B:But both my wife and I prefer taking a bus.
可是我和我妻子都喜歡坐公共汽車。
A:Bob returned from Japan last week. You know that?
鮑伯上週從日本回來了。知道嗎?
B:Yeah.I met him yesterday.
知道,我昨天遇到了他。
He's no longer the same young man as he was eight years ago.
他可不是八年前的那個年輕人了。
A:I think so,too.
我也這樣認爲。
A:Maria sings like a lark,doesn't she?
瑪麗婭的歌兒美極了。
B:Yes,she's almost equal to Celine Dion when she sings.
是啊,差不多都比得上席琳.迪翁。
A:Maybe she'll make a famous singer in the future.
也許將來會成爲一名著名的歌唱家。
B:You can bet on that.
我敢打賭她會的。
A:Yesterday I read "hamlet" a fantastic book!
昨天我讀了《王子復仇記》.真是本好書.
B:You said one can match Shakespeare in artistic talent.
你說對了,就藝術才能而言沒人能與莎士比亞相比.
A:I do agree with you.
我很贊成你的觀點。
A:Do you like travelling?B:Yes,I do.
你喜歡旅遊嗎?是的。
A:Do you usually travel by bus?
你總是坐汽車旅行嗎?
B:No,by train.I think it's much safer than bus.
不,坐火車。我想火車要更安全些。
A:Mike,you're seventeen years old,right? B:Yeah,Why?
邁克,你已經17歲了吧?是的,怎麼啦?
A:You look quite mature beside your cousin who is eighteen.
和你18歲的表兄比,你顯得很成熟。
B:You can bet on that.
你說對了。
A:I think my car can run much faster than yours.
我認爲我的車比你的跑得快。
B:But mine equals yours in economy. B:That's true.
但是我的和你的一樣實惠。
A:I hear Fred is a very good student in your class.
聽說弗雷德是你們班上非常優秀的學生。
B:Though he's not the one who can get the highest score,
儘管他不是得最高成績的人,
yet,on the whole,he is comparable to the best.
但是總體來看他卻可以和班上最好的媲美。
A:What do you mean by "on the whole"?
你說的“總體”是什麼意思?
B:I mean he's a stuent developing all round.
我是說他是個全面發展的學生。
A:Can you tell me some of the places you've traveled to ?
講一講你旅遊過的地方好嗎?
B:I've been to Paris,in,Alaska...
我去過巴黎、柏林、阿拉斯加......
B:But you just can't compare the former two with Alaska.
前兩者可沒法兒和阿拉斯加相比。
A:Who do you think is the gratest novelist in the history of English literature?
你認爲英國文學史上誰是最偉大的小說家?
B:Charles ally no one can parallel him in writing.
狄更斯。事實上沒人能在寫作上和他相提並論。
A:I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.
恐怕我不敢苟同。
I like ence's novels better.
我更喜歡D.H.勞倫斯的小說。
A:What kind of life do you perfer,city life or country life?
你是喜歡農村生活還是城市生活?
B:In comparison to city life,the country life is quiet and peaceful.
與城市生活相比,鄉下較爲寧靜。
A:But it doesn't have all the modern convenience offered by the city.
但是鄉下沒有城市提供的現代設施。
B:Yeah,I y wall has two sides.
我同意這一點。凡事都是有利有弊。
A:What do you think of the acting of the two main actors in the film?
你覺得電影裏兩個主人公的扮演者的演技怎麼樣?
B:I consider the hero's acting is inferior to that of the heroine''t you agree?
我覺得男主人不如女主人公演得好.你不這樣認爲嗎?
A:Well,I'm afraid not.I think the hero has much more to be believed in.
不。我認爲男的演得相當真實。
A:If one is rich,is the happy?
一個人有錢就幸福嗎?
B:I don't think 's impossible to equate wealth and happiness.
我不這樣認爲.不可能把財富和幸福劃等號。
A:Could I understand what you said as:the poorest is the happiest?
我能不能理解爲窮人才是最幸福的?
B:Of course times a poor man can be extremely miserable.
當然不能。有時窮人相當悲慘。
A:Have you any idea of the prices of ruby and diamond?
你知道紅寶石和金剛石的價格嗎?
B:I'm not very I know ruby is less valuable than diamond.
不太瞭解.但是我認爲金剛石要比紅寶石貴重.
A:How do you know that? B: I got is from an encyclopedia.
你怎麼知道呢?從百乎全書上看來的。



Not to be named on the same day with: 不可同日而語

not be a patch on sb/sth(BrE informal ): to be much less attractive, good etc than something or someone else 遠不如…遠比…遜色…

初級口語教程(MP3附字幕) Part13:Comparison比較

superb: excellent; of very good quality極好的,上乘的,一流的
Her acting was superb.
她的表演好極了。

be no match for: 比不上
Bill is no match for his brother on this.
在這方面比爾不是他兄弟的對手。

dispose of sth: to get rid of something, especially something that is difficult to get rid of
He has disposed of the rubbish properly.
他已經適當地處理了垃圾。

edge: something that gives you an advantage over others 優勢
They have the edge on us. 他們略勝我們一籌。

Economy: the careful use of money, time, goods etc so that nothing is wasted 節約,節省,節儉
The employees of the firm practiced economy in doing everything.
該公司的僱員做任何事都厲行節約。

Comparable: similar to something else in size, number, quality etc, so that you can make a comparison 類似的, 可比較的
The situation in the US is not directly comparable to that in the UK. 美國的情況和英國不能直接相比。

Parallel: if one thing parallels another, they happen at the same time or are similar, and seem to be related 與…媲美,比得上
a level of achievement that has never been paralleled 絕無僅有的最高成就

inferior: not good, or not as good as someone or something else 不及,比不上,沒有…好
Synthetic fabric is inferior to cotton fabric.
合成纖維織物不如棉織品好。

equate sth with sth: to consider that two things are similar or connected 將…等同於…;認爲…和…一樣
Some parents equate education with exam success.
有些父母認爲教育就是考試成績優秀。