當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1997期:看情況而定,隨機應變

迷你對話學地道口語第1997期:看情況而定,隨機應變

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.57W 次

Dialogue:

迷你對話學地道口語第1997期:看情況而定,隨機應變

A: Stay with me, OK? I don't feel like staying here by myself.

留下來陪陪我吧,好嗎?我不喜歡自己呆在這兒。

B: Well,OK. If something does turn up, I'll just play it by ear.

好吧。如果有事的話,我就只好看情況而定了。

A: There's a new movie on campus. Have you heard of it?

我們學校要放映一部新電影,你聽說了嗎?

B: Yes, it's a comedy. Let's go to cinema then.

聽說了,是個喜劇,那咱們去看電影吧。

一,詞海拾貝

play it by ear

exp. To decide how to deal with a situation as it develops, rather than acting according to plans made earlier(見機行事,無計劃地進行,看情況而定)

e.g. A: Are we meeting at noon on Saturday?

我們星期六中午見面嗎?

B: Around then. I have to run some errands in the morning, so let's play it by ear.

我早上得去辦點雜事,看情況再說吧。

e.g. I' ve had no time to prepare for this meeting, so I' ll have to play it by ear.

我沒有時間準備這次會議, 所以到那時候有什麼就談什麼。

e.g. I haven't decided what to say when he comes, I'll play it by ear.

我還沒有決定他到來的時候說什麼,到時候隨機應變吧。

e.g. A: Where will we stay in Gloucestershire?

我們在格洛斯特郡住哪兒?

B: Oh, I guess a bed-and-breakfast place. We'll have to play it by ear.

哦,我想是提供住宿和早餐的地方。到時候到了的時候,看情況再定我們住哪兒吧。

三, 語彙積累

1. turn up:發生,出現

e.g. We ought not to go jogging along, improvident, incompetent, waiting for something to turn up.

我們不應該不顧未來,毫無辦法地湊合着過下去,等待着新的事情發生。

e.g. It's no good waiting for something to turn up and you have to take actions.

坐等事情發生是沒有用的,你得采取行動。

2. hear of:聽說,獲悉

e.g. I made no doubt then that I should soon hear of him.

我那時一點也不懷疑我會很快聽到他的消息的。

e.g. We were very saddened to hear of the death of your mother.

聞令母去世,我們非常悲痛。

其它:on campus:在校園裏

by oneself:獨自地